• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

This is it rehearsal info

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
Hi all, I'm writing a few pieces on TII about how I would have directed the documentary, and how the shows were going to look. My question is, do any of you know specifically what was rehearsed on June 24th? We know about Earth Song, Thriller (just a step through), and Dangerous. I know he rehearsed more songs that day. Do any of you know which songs he ran on the 24th? I know heal the world was rehearsed but he just watched that number. If you guys have any general TII info I'm glad to hear it.

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
Hi all, I'm writing a few pieces on TII about how I would have directed the documentary, and how the shows were going to look. My question is, do any of you know specifically what was rehearsed on June 24th? We know about Earth Song, Thriller (just a step through), and Dangerous. I know he rehearsed more songs that day. Do any of you know which songs he ran on the 24th? I know heal the world was rehearsed but he just watched that number. If you guys have any general TII info I'm glad to hear it.

No idea man, oooops!

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
Dirty Diana was rehearsed but Michael didn't go on stage
Are you talking about June 24th? I think he walked through it twice on the 23rd, he did that with most songs that day, where he would walk through it then run it, I think he did Dirty Diana twice and the first time just walked through and then partially sang the second time.... I could be mistaken though. I get the vibe that Dirty Diana was among the least rehearsed numbers with Michael present (if he was on stage at all in the rehearsals)

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
Update: The full set was rehearsed on June 23rd. What this says is that Michael ran every song at least once and thats confirmed by multiple sources from TII (various interviews). So songs like SIM, YANA, OTW medley, WYBT, HTW would have been run on that day. I doubt he went even close to full out on every song, but we know he ran every song on June 23rd. That also could mean that Speechless also may have been rehearsed that day. If I'm not mistaken, Butterflies, Off The Wall, and State of Shock were removed in early/ mid June, so those were not run.

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
Billie Jean was rehearsed with the fedora and sequin jacket according to Kenny Ortega. If you look at the TII poster, you'll see Michael doing the intro dance to Billie Jean with the hat and jacket. He's wearing a white shirt and the only other day we see of him wearing that shirt is the day where he wore the gold sparkly pants (not to be confused with the HWT gold pants); so my guess is that he rehearsed it that day unless he changed his shirt on another day and wore the white v-neck. OR its an impersonator they put on the cover... wouldn't surprise me if thats what they did.

Billie Jean was rehearsed with the fedora and sequin jacket according to Kenny Ortega. If you look at the TII poster, you'll see Michael doing the intro dance to Billie Jean with the hat and jacket. He's wearing a white shirt and the only other day we see of him wearing that shirt is the day where he wore the gold sparkly pants (not to be confused with the HWT gold pants); so my guess is that he rehearsed it that day unless he changed his shirt on another day and wore the white v-neck. OR its an impersonator they put on the cover... wouldn't surprise me if thats what they did.

It doesn't match, according to Kenny Ortega's interviews, the only Billie Jean filmed was in the blue shirt (which came out in the film), the rest had no footage, and Michael did not rehearse Billie Jean on the 23rd and 24th, if not, he would be on film, or extras.

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
It doesn't match, according to Kenny Ortega's interviews, the only Billie Jean filmed was in the blue shirt (which came out in the film), the rest had no footage, and Michael did not rehearse Billie Jean on the 23rd and 24th, if not, he would be on film, or extras.
Boy I sure hope thats not true but if thats the case thats sad- but then again this footage was never meant to be used in this way, I think Michael was intending to have a 30 minute ish mini doc about the rehearsals that would go on the DVD of the concert. Michael Bearden responded to a fan on twitter a couple years ago saying Billie Jean was one of the most rehearsed numbers; I have to find that screenshot to verify this.

Boy I sure hope thats not true but if thats the case thats sad- but then again this footage was never meant to be used in this way, I think Michael was intending to have a 30 minute ish mini doc about the rehearsals that would go on the DVD of the concert. Michael Bearden responded to a fan on twitter a couple years ago saying Billie Jean was one of the most rehearsed numbers; I have to find that screenshot to verify this.

If you do, I'll be happy. I've been looking for an audio since 2009, of Michael rehearsing Billie Jean at the Staples Center, but in playback, of the fans filming, do you have it?

Dirty Diana was rehearsed with the silver jacket, i don't know which date are, but was the day he starts to rehearsal Beat It.

You can see in TII at the begining before to starts to sang.

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
If you do, I'll be happy. I've been looking for an audio since 2009, of Michael rehearsing Billie Jean at the Staples Center, but in playback, of the fans filming, do you have it?
I'll look, I remember I made a playlist of rare TII stuff a while back so I'll look!

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
I don't know he starts to rehearsal his song too late 😐.

Maybe he rehearsed the transition Dirty Diana/Beat It.
Maybe, but looking at the 10 second long snippets and photos of Dirty Diana from the 23rd, my feeling is that he ran the number at least once with vocals that day, I imagine he rehearsed the transition as well but it may have been later in the day.

[QUOTE = "vitadeu, publicación: 2419662, miembro: 48939"]
Si lo haces, seré feliz. He estado buscando un audio desde 2009, de Michael ensayando a Billie Jean en el Staples Center, pero en reproducción, de los fans filmando, ¿lo tienes?
[/CITAR]

[QUOTE = "vitadeu, publicación: 2419662, miembro: 48939"]
Si lo haces, seré feliz. He estado buscando un audio desde 2009, de Michael ensayando a Billie Jean en el Staples Center, pero en reproducción, de los fans filmando, ¿lo tienes?
[/CITAR]

Thanks, has the video that shows the fans filming these audios ??? They were at the Staples Center, correct?

Maybe, but looking at the 10 second long snippets and photos of Dirty Diana from the 23rd, my feeling is that he ran the number at least once with vocals that day, I imagine he rehearsed the transition as well but it may have been later in the day.

I remeber the amateur video of a rehearsal with vocals of Dirty Diana, sadly the video was erased of youtube....