• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

especificaciones de SPEECHLESS.- MUY ALENTADOR

yck

ESTE ARTICULO APARECIO HACE MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHO EN MJIN, VALE LA PENA RECORDARLO

Bruce Swedien Applies Universal Audio 1176 To New Michael Jackson Project

January 31, 2001 - Santa Cruz, CA - Legendary recording engineer and frequent Jackson collaborator, Bruce Swedien is back in the studio recording final cuts for the first Michael Jackson album in a decade.

Swedien, who has won Grammys for his work on Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous is back at the board, this time equipped with the new Universal Audio Classics 1176 LN compressors and a prototype of the company's new dual channel tube mic-pre, the 2-610.

During a recent break in recording, Swedien told us "The 1176 is on every vocal of this album. I've discovered that even if it doesn't touch the sound - virtually no compression or limiting - it seems to enhance the character of the sound. I believe it has something to do with the Class A output section, but I can tell you this: the 1176 is a magical piece of equipment."

Swedien has used vintage 1176s for nearly 30 years, since he was given a pair by his friend and former boss, Bill Putnam, the original founder of Universal Audio. With his experience, Swedien is able to extract every nuance from his equipment and recordings. "On this album, we've recorded a song called Speechless which uses a full orchestra. The vocals are very soft. I'd say the 1176 hasn't moved even 1 dB on the entire piece, but the sound is gorgeous - it's to die for" he said.

The album, currently untitled, will be released this summer. According to Swedien, "You will definitely know that Michael Jackson is back. He sounds incredible."

Universal Audio, headquartered in Santa Cruz, CA, develops classic analog recording equipment and cutting edge digital signal processing tools. The company's slogan - Analog Ears, Digital Minds - reflects its devotion to bridging the best of analog and digital recording technologies.

OTRA PARTE DE LA ENTREVISTA.- DEL ALBUM EN GENERAL THE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE NEW ALBUM REVEALED

The Music Industry technical newsfeed, "Mi2N Tech News" report as follows on 26th January about engineer Bruce Swedien's involvement with the new Michael Jackson album. The article examines in detail the technical specifications of recording the sound:

For millions of fans worldwide, summer of 2001 can't arrive soon enough. That's because this summer marks the scheduled release of Michael Jackson's all new, all original, Epic Records studio album. Insiders tell us that this new recording marks a return to the singer's raw, energetic R&B style coupled with entirely new, entirely fresh musical concepts. Five time Grammy award-winning recording engineer Bruce Swedien is again teaming with Michael Jackson, producers Rodney Jerkins and Teddy Riley on this still-untitled release. The recording is currently underway at New York City's famed Hit Factory Studio, with mastering scheduled for Bernie Grundman's L.A. Mastering Studio.

To deliver the pristine sound quality found on every Michael Jackson release, Swedien credits his huge collection of exquisite recording microphones, including a number of vintage and ewer Neumann mics.

This recording marks Swedien's first use of the new Neumann M 150 tube microphone. On one specific track, conducted and arranged by Jeremy Lubbock, twenty string and woodwind musicians are miked via two Neumann M 150s. "I just love the 150s. They're beautiful," Swedien says. According to the prolific engineer, "The 150s sound like an extremely quiet Neumann M 50. The 150's noise floor is extremely low and this fabulous new mic is quite warm sounding. The sound is characteristic of the big wide sound I remember from its predecessor." A pair of Swedien's favorite Neumann 149s was used to record the
surround tracks for later use.

On the same track, Swedien used his private vintage 1956 Neumann U 47 tube microphone for Jackson's demo vocals. "We intend to use the U 47 on the final recording - its just perfect for this particular piece of music. And let me tell you," noted Swedien, "Michael's demo vocals
sound better than most singer's finished vocals."

Two Sony 3348 HR (High-Resolution) 24-bit format, multi-track master tape machines are handling the original recording. The mixdown for one of the songs will be done on the new Sony Direct Stream Digital Recorder. "This particular song (using the U 47, M 150s, M 149s and two U 47FETs on cellos) will be mixed directly to the Sony Direct Stream Digital Recording System because the noise floor is so low and I want to keep it there," noted Swedien. "I'll actually take the machine I mix to, with me, to Bernie Grundman's for mastering."

Other recording equipment includes a Pro Tools 24-bit system, Westlake BBS M8 monitor speakers passively bi-amped and powered via Norwegian-made Electrocompaniet Class A monitor amps. For reverb, Swedien is using two EMT 250s and the new Sony DRE77 unit.
An ATR custom-made one-inch, two track analog tape machine handles the strong R&B cuts.

Neumann's award winning line of microphones has set the standard in the industry since 1928. In 1999, Neumann received the prestigious Technical Grammy(r) for their 70 years of innovation in microphone design and contribution to the music industry. A continuing
commitment to provide innovative, technically refined products and engineering solutions of proven quality ensures that Neumann's stature will remain unassailable.