• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

HELP MICHAEL NOW

Hi everyone, I'll write in English because althou I understand Spanish I can't write it...hopefully some of you can translate.

I see that you guys are already partecipating to the campaign in support of Michael against Sony Music. That's great. I would like to give you more ideas about what to do.

First of all you can write to the following Sony email addresses to voice your disgust (stay polite), these are the people who are doing this to Michael, it's their precise responsability:

rick_dobbis@sonymusic.com
steve_barnett@sonymusic.com
richard_rowe@sonymusic.com
david_glew@sonymusic.com
judy_ross@sonymusic.com
rob_kos@sonymusic.com
tommy_mottola@sonymusic.com
david_mcpherson@sonymusic.com
marvin_peart@sonymusic.com
polly_anthony@sonymusic.com
cory_llewellyn@sonymusic.com
steve_einczig@sonymusic.com
paul_russell@sonymusic.com
mel_ilberman@sonymusic.com
michelle_anthony@sonymusic.com
robert_bowlin@sonymusic.com
jeff_beck@sonymusic.com
scott_spanjich@sonymusic.com
brian_celler@sonymusic.com
michele_schweitzer@sonymusic.com
david_coleman@sonymusic.com

Let them hear your voice and make them aware that MJ fans are out there and they know what Sony is trying to do to him.

Then, very important:

On May 11th there will be a big demonstration in front of Sony in Berlin, there will be one in Amsterdam and one in Switzerland. Italy is also ready to join, maybe the UK and Paris too. It would be really great if all the other countries would join and organize their own big demonstration in front of Sony's buildings. You don't have to do it on May 11th if you need time to gather more fans, but just stay around that date, within the month of May. Once the demonstration is organized, once you know whether many fans will partecipate, INFORM THE LOCAL PRESS, get them to come and to take pictures. Moroever, film the demonstration yourselves, make a video reportage of it. For more questions write to me at artemisdea10@hotmail.com, let me know if you are planning any other initiative so that we can inform all the other countries too.

Im enclosing the copy of the flyer we distributed to the people in the street at Sony during the NYC demostration, you can change it and update it but please stick to the Sony/ATV story as it is.

Also join the unified fan clubs campaign by singing up to invincible@mjni.com.

The Spanish fans are very numerous and warm, Michael needs our support right now,please partecipate! Send this out to all the Spanish speaking countries, message boards and fan clubs you know. Sony is trying to destroy MJ as an artist, let's stand united and support Michael!

Flyer:

STOP SONY FROM SABOTAGING MICHAEL JACKSON!!!
They are destroying ART for Money
LET THE WORLD KNOW!!!

1) Sony is indeed purposely sabotaging Invincible, Michael Jackson’s latest album: they are trying to keep MJ from touring, from doing any kind of promotion, from releasing singles (Butterflies...). They want to bring him down, to destroy him as an artist. Why? Because they want to get their hands on the entire ATV catalogue which MJ bought in 1985 (the ATV catalogue contains over 1000 songs including 251 Beatles titles), and because they know Invincible is Michael's last full album with them. Michael's contract with Sony is up for any new album of new material. Michael is then free to move on to another record company and is currently being courted by several different ones.

In 1995 Michael and Sony merged their catalogs to form Sony/ATV. Michael and Sony shared the revenue a 50/50 split of the merged catalogue earnings. When he leaves Sony, Michael will take with him half of whatever the Sony/ATV catalogue makes in the future. The deal includes any new songs that come under the control of this merger! Michael made a very smart move, Tommy didn't think that Michael would be able to uphold this agreement. But now, Tommy and his friends are trying to crush him financially by not promoting the album. By doing this, they think that Michael will be forced to sell his half of the catalogue to them.

2) Boycott all Sony products: Cd's, electronics, everything that has the brand name "Sony" on it. And let Sony aware of this symbolic action through cards etc.

3) Make your voice heard by Sony: write to them (Sony Music 550 Madison Avenue, NYC NY10022, Tel 212 833 8000-or-2100 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica CA 90404 Tel 310 449 2100), organize fans gatherings with banners sporting boycott messages.

4) Write to the press, to all media outlets explaining the situation and attacking Sony’s dirty doings.

DO NOT STOP UNTIL YOU SEE SOME POSITIVE EFFORT ON SONY'S PART TO PROMOTE INVINCIBLE AND TO RELEASE NUMBER ONE SINGLES! LET’S GET TOGETHER UNITED TO SAVE MUSIC FROM RUTHLESS TOMMY MOTTOLA.

Michael Jackson Fans

Última edición:
Thanks for the info Sugar. We all need to contribute in order to make this initiative a success!! My e-mails to these folks are under way.

If you need any help from California, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to help with anything to make sure our voices are heard!!