• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

Let's talk about the fans... What happened?

potpotmixes

HideOuter Obsesivo
Hey guys, I know this thread might be useless but I just wanna hear your thoughts about this. So let's recap the latest leaks. What happened to the fans?

Last 2015, we had the Bremen 1992 concert from MJ Beats. This is where it all started. This is where fans are begging for more unreleased concerts. After that, we had Kuala Lumpur 1996 and Auckland 1996 from Steve001. Then reports from AP got leaked. The fans acted a bit strange by then. They were a but different. Then snippets of Oslo 1992 came out. Fans were begging for this concert until the Bad audio leaked. Fans happened to be excited that it leaked but they also got very, very angry after MJ Beats stopped leaking snippets. Fans became hungry for concerts and MJ Beats tried to distract the fans by releasing performances from Basel 1997. But fans weren't convinced. Then the 1993 DWT Rehearsals got leaked. Fans still wanted more.

So, MJ Beats got in touch with Lavelle Smith Jr. to distract fans from Oslo 1992. They leaked snippets from the VMA 1995 Rehearsals, and a montage of Michael's performance of Dangerous from concerts like Mexico 1993, and Johanessburg 1997. It also included the acapella of Dangerous. After that, Lavelle Smith Jr. leaked a snippet from the rehearsals of Black Or White and a snippet of Heal The World from A Night at the Apollo 2002. Then, MJ Beats leaked Johanessburg last August. Fans were finally distracted from Oslo 1992. They got more than what they wanted like the PRO audio of A Night at the Apollo 2002, multitracks, and demos.

Then, the RockBluesInNorway (or Robin), made a fundraiser of the Oslo 1992 concert. They became really excited until they knew the amount. It was $5500 that was needed to be earned show we can get the concerts. A lot of fans, specially the Chinese fans, donated a lot of money just to get this leaked. Now I noticed, only a few fans that really wanted Oslo 1992 donated, now they're begging us (fans who donated), to leak them. I also noticed that the MJ fans before, were really patient and really waited for the unreleased stuffs to leak. These types of fans were the reason we had Bad25, the Wembley concert, The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection, and Xscape. This Oslo craze might be the same reasons why we never got Dangerous 25 since fans were begging the Estate to release demos and the Munich 1992 or Tokyo 1992 concert.

Now, let me hear your thoughts about this. I'm just a 13 year old but I think that if we have been patient, we might just have more than we wanted.

My thoughts to what you said: If you have a company that produces a specific toy, and it's the anniversary of 100 years of that toy, wouldn't your fans expect from you to release something special? Maybe an evolved version, or something to celebrate that, you know? If they would listen to US, those who buy the stuff, you know, those who support mj, and i do not include myself in the category of those ultra hardcore fans that went to the trials and waited there from day to day, and supported mj in 2005, why? because i was 7 back then... nvm, i hope you got my point, we are fans, and we deserve much more than pieces of shit like scream, thriller 3d and that animation.
I got it, they want to make mj more popular to people who didn't hear his songs, but making an album like that, at least include more dark themed songs such as Is it scary?, Starlight(thriller demo), you know something to satisfy both parts, but no, they released that crap, i made a video expressing my thoughts about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZ9iRgP4sA&t=161s

potpotmixes

HideOuter Obsesivo
My thoughts to what you said: If you have a company that produces a specific toy, and it's the anniversary of 100 years of that toy, wouldn't your fans expect from you to release something special? Maybe an evolved version, or something to celebrate that, you know? If they would listen to US, those who buy the stuff, you know, those who support mj, and i do not include myself in the category of those ultra hardcore fans that went to the trials and waited there from day to day, and supported mj in 2005, why? because i was 7 back then... nvm, i hope you got my point, we are fans, and we deserve much more than pieces of shit like scream, thriller 3d and that animation.
I got it, they want to make mj more popular to people who didn't hear his songs, but making an album like that, at least include more dark themed songs such as Is it scary?, Starlight(thriller demo), you know something to satisfy both parts, but no, they released that crap, i made a video expressing my thoughts about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZ9iRgP4sA&t=161s

Hi kokos, we, fans, deserve much more like demos and unreleased stuffs but as you can see, the Estate are dealing with very serious problems about Michael's work, like problems with Quincy Jones and the Sony/ATV agreement. They're trying their best to release demos from the vaul and also trying to make Michael famous again with the Dangerous 25 musical.ly contest and the Michael Jackson's Halloween animation and stuffs like that so that people today can still enjoy the exciting beats and iconic songs from the King Of Pop. KaiD's plan on bombing the Estate with emails might be a good idea but a very horrible idea at the same time. BTW, thanks for your respond.

Bremen 1992 did provoke fans quite a bit, but that isn't really where it all started. There were also controversies about concerts like Buenos Aires 1993 and the High Quality version of HIStory Tour Brunei 1996, which even dated back to nearly a decade past. But now, Buenos Aires was leaked and HQ Brunei has leaked in 2016. Toronto 1984 was also a hot topic before, until Steve leaked it in LQ back in 2013 and then a compressed HQ version by Felipe in 2015. But Felipe leaked the other date in Kuala Lumpur 1996 in 2015, and Steve only leaked the other date in Auckland 1996. There have also been topics about Steve leaking Singapore 1996 and some Bad Tour concert in 2013, which still haven't.

MJ Beats and LaVelle didn't create the special Dangerous combination of clips from 1995 VMAs rehearsals and other concerts to "distract the fans from Oslo," it was to honor the 25th Anniversary of the Dangerous album. The Estate only did an online celebration, so they were probably attempting to create at least something nice for Dangerous 25 which was cool to me.

Next to (half of) Rome 1988, Oslo 1992 has probably been one of the biggest concert controversies ever, even though it has only lasted for a little over 2 years. It's probably one of the concerts that has been teased about the most, with screenshots and little clips by MJ Beats. It was a bad move to allow showing other people the concert since scammers began to misuse it and a few songs from the concert was leaked in a Skype recording, causing MJ Beats to leak the HQ versions of it and a surprise song She's Out Of My Life. The professional audio of Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel also got leaked, with MJ Beats leaking their versions once again.

It's astonishing to see that the concert is now leaked from a crowdfunding, finally some positive energy in the community. If another crowdfunding occurs, more fans need to step up as the amazing Chinese fans need a financial leisure. :)

GekMixes

HideOuter Obsesivo
Hey guys, I know this thread might be useless but I just wanna hear your thoughts about this. So let's recap the latest leaks. What happened to the fans?

Last 2015, we had the Bremen 1992 concert from MJ Beats. This is where it all started. This is where fans are begging for more unreleased concerts. After that, we had Kuala Lumpur 1996 and Auckland 1996 from Steve001. Then reports from AP got leaked. The fans acted a bit strange by then. They were a but different. Then snippets of Oslo 1992 came out. Fans were begging for this concert until the Bad audio leaked. Fans happened to be excited that it leaked but they also got very, very angry after MJ Beats stopped leaking snippets. Fans became hungry for concerts and MJ Beats tried to distract the fans by releasing performances from Basel 1997. But fans weren't convinced. Then the 1993 DWT Rehearsals got leaked. Fans still wanted more.

So, MJ Beats got in touch with Lavelle Smith Jr. to distract fans from Oslo 1992. They leaked snippets from the VMA 1995 Rehearsals, and a montage of Michael's performance of Dangerous from concerts like Mexico 1993, and Johanessburg 1997. It also included the acapella of Dangerous. After that, Lavelle Smith Jr. leaked a snippet from the rehearsals of Black Or White and a snippet of Heal The World from A Night at the Apollo 2002. Then, MJ Beats leaked Johanessburg last August. Fans were finally distracted from Oslo 1992. They got more than what they wanted like the PRO audio of A Night at the Apollo 2002, multitracks, and demos.

Then, the RockBluesInNorway (or Robin), made a fundraiser of the Oslo 1992 concert. They became really excited until they knew the amount. It was $5500 that was needed to be earned show we can get the concerts. A lot of fans, specially the Chinese fans, donated a lot of money just to get this leaked. Now I noticed, only a few fans that really wanted Oslo 1992 donated, now they're begging us (fans who donated), to leak them. I also noticed that the MJ fans before, were really patient and really waited for the unreleased stuffs to leak. These types of fans were the reason we had Bad25, the Wembley concert, The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection, and Xscape. This Oslo craze might be the same reasons why we never got Dangerous 25 since fans were begging the Estate to release demos and the Munich 1992 or Tokyo 1992 concert.

Now, let me hear your thoughts about this. I'm just a 13 year old but I think that if we have been patient, we might just have more than we wanted.
Damn this is old asf, young potpot. But I agree, the fans now are just awful. They leak stuff and then ask the estate to release something. The estate will do something like MJ The Musical and fans will complain. The estate doesn't have unlimited resources, MJ is no longer alive. All the music and concert footage is limited. But fans can't wrap their head around that and beg for leaks and estate projects.

potpotmixes

HideOuter Obsesivo
Damn this is old asf, young potpot. But I agree, the fans now are just awful. They leak stuff and then ask the estate to release something. The estate will do something like MJ The Musical and fans will complain. The estate doesn't have unlimited resources, MJ is no longer alive. All the music and concert footage is limited. But fans can't wrap their head around that and beg for leaks and estate projects.
Dude really dug up young potpot

potpotmixes

HideOuter Obsesivo
Was just browsing and stumbled across the thread, you made some good points that are still relevant to today.
Well now with the Thriller 40 announcement, the fans finally got what they wanted. I'm still mad about that new logo (might be a placeholder but idk), they literally just went to PicsArt and called it a day 😭

GekMixes

HideOuter Obsesivo
Well now with the Thriller 40 announcement, the fans finally got what they wanted. I'm still mad about that new logo (might be a placeholder but idk), they literally just went to PicsArt and called it a day 😭
I really hope it's temporary, it's literally a canva template and font 💀 I also really do hope we get to hear some good stuff on that 2nd Disc and not shitty remixes. Also why tf are they releasing a SACD if it's just 2 Channel Stereo?? Pointless.

potpotmixes

HideOuter Obsesivo
I really hope it's temporary, it's literally a canva template and font 💀 I also really do hope we get to hear some good stuff on that 2nd Disc and not shitty remixes. Also why tf are they releasing a SACD if it's just 2 Channel Stereo?? Pointless.
I mean, it being mastered from the analog tapes is an audiophile's dream, so I can see its appeal. The MoFi collab was really unexpected tho.