• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

Opening of Everland Children's Home Liberia

Someone who has a FB acct speaks and write Spanish please post this properly on the main site.

This is what we can do when we stayed focused on who Michael was and what his main mission was all about. We can do this when we remember this is Michael's Community and we say we are here for HIM!!!!!!!

Facebook: Michael Jackson Legacy
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljacksonslegacy

(quote from Dr. Traecy's speech)

I had been to Africa and seen the devastation of the plague of HIV at first hand and when we discussed it, there was tears in his eyes and he said we had to do something together for the people of Africa. He planned to hold a great concert in an abandoned airfield in Rwanda and we would fly there together in his private plane and then down to see his great friend, Nelson Mandela. Sadly, these events were not to happen and the world lost one of its great humanitarians.

Michael Jackson brought light where there was darkness, hope where there was despair; he never turned away from cruelty when he could give compassion. Following the 1984 Victory Tour, Michael donated his $5 million share from the tour's profits to charity. In 1985, he co-wrote the single "We Are the World" with Lionel Richie and donated all of the proceeds to help the needy in Africa. Almost 20 million copies of "We Are the World" were sold, making it one of the best-selling singles of all time. The project raised millions for famine relief.

I see the kids in the street with not enough to eat
Who am I to be blind, pretending not to see their need?
They follow each other on the wind ya know?
'Cause they got nowhere to go, that's why I want you to know

Well now they have somewhere to go - it's here. It's called Everland Children's Home.

Please go to Youtube and type in: Opening of Everland Children's Home Liberia
See all the videos on this project and Grand Opening.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sea...0.0.143.143.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.2.mFtTKJi7aa4

At the beginning of this project there were a few na-sayers and a little fear mongering, fortunately they ignored it and those promoting it. We have the capacity to do great things and to do great harm. It is up to each of us to decide which path we take.