• No, You're Absolutely Crazy

Votos: 0 0,0%
  • I Honestly Don't Care

Votos: 0 0,0%

• Votantes totales

Napier Records

Just A Small Insignificant Piece Of The Universe
Hi, there. I have a question.
Below is a link to an mp3 with examples, which'll help with the explanation.
When I listen to "The Way You Make Me Feel", I hear the bass playing example #1 (or something to that degree, I'm not the best musician), but every MIDI I've encountered, every karaoke version I've seen, most fanmade versions I've heard, & even Brad Sundberg said in an interview (one of the 7 Songs, 7 Stories, I think), the bass plays example #2. I've tried SO many different things, even mixing the 2, as heard in example #3, & that's the closest I've got, but it's still wrong.
I know there ARE 2 bass lines, I read that in another interview (I think it was Bottrell, maybe Chris Currell, I'm not too sure, it was a little while ago), but no matter how hard I try, I only hear example #1.
Am I just insane, or is there something going on here? Can someone help me, or maybe even explain this to me, PLEASE?

Link:

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
Hi, there. I have a question.
Below is a link to an mp3 with examples, which'll help with the explanation.
When I listen to "The Way You Make Me Feel", I hear the bass playing example #1 (or something to that degree, I'm not the best musician), but every MIDI I've encountered, every karaoke version I've seen, most fanmade versions I've heard, & even Brad Sundberg said in an interview (one of the 7 Songs, 7 Stories, I think), the bass plays example #2. I've tried SO many different things, even mixing the 2, as heard in example #3, & that's the closest I've got, but it's still wrong.
I know there ARE 2 bass lines, I read that in another interview (I think it was Bottrell, maybe Chris Currell, I'm not too sure, it was a little while ago), but no matter how hard I try, I only hear example #1.
Am I just insane, or is there something going on here? Can someone help me, or maybe even explain this to me, PLEASE?

Link:
From what I understand, there are two bass lines playing at the same time, but one is quieter than the other. Number 3 would be the closest, just one of them (I think example 1) needs to be quieter than the other.. I could be wrong tho

NeoGardiV12

HideOuter Adicto
I'm not gonna lie, i never knew they were 2 bass lines at the same time, but i gotta say, everytime i've heard TWYMMF i always heard the bassline like in the example #2, this is interesting :)