• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

Sabías que...? Get Your Weight Off Of Me

MJInnocentLeaks

HideOuter Novel
** Disclaimer **
This is written in English so apologies if the translation is not 100% correct.
The Information below has been given to me by a reliable source. However the identity of the source has not been proven to me.

When Was It Recorded?

Get Your Weight Off Of Me was written and recorded during the Invincible sessions (97-01) for the album of the same name.
The song was fully complete with vocals with a BPM of 85 and runtime of 5:17.

Who Wrote And Produced?

The song was written by: M. Jackson; R. Jerkins; F. Jerkins III; L. Daniels
And Produced by: R. Jerkins

Are The Estate In Possession?

The Estate & Sony SME are in full possesion of the song - including the Multi Track, Acapella, etc.

Will It Ever Be Released?

It is not known as to Whether the song will be officially released by the estate, leaked in full or just in small snippets.
However, the song has been mastered at 'Bernie Grundman Mastering' after the release of Invincible.
We can speculate this was around 2003 as the song was planned for release on the Ultimate Collection Album in 2004.
We can also assume that it was planned for release on the Xscape Album in 2014. This is based off a CD containg the song having the date 31.03.14 written on it.
Get Your Weight Off Of Me was lasted discussed at a Sony UK meeting before the release of Xscape.

What Are The Lyrics?

There full lyrics are not known. Based on leaked snippets we know the following lyrics exist.
- "Just get your weight off of me"
- "You ain't gonna ever get out"
- "Baby"
- "You took my heart in your hand."

What Snippets Are Real?

Most snippets are years old now and there have been a large number of fakes posted online.
I have been told the supposed chrous snippet that leaked in June 2019 is part of the song but does not belong to the chorus.
There is at least 1 original snippet that is circulating between traders but has not yet been leaked.

If anyone has any information they would like me to add, or if something is not correct please let me know.

** Disclaimer **
This is written in English so apologies if the translation is not 100% correct.
The Information below has been given to me by a reliable source. However the identity of the source has not been proven to me.

Última edición:
"... was last discussed at a UK meeting before the release of Xscape"

"I got to give" is NOT correct

There is nothing from the chorus online.

MJInnocentLeaks

HideOuter Novel
Nope, incorrect
Do you know why the song has not been released yet. I don't understand the reason why it was dropped so many times. The estate must know it's a highly sort after song. Is there some underlying reason as to why it has not been released by the estate on any album?

It wasn't dropped, it has never been selected, just considered. The song won't work with mainstream, not in 2001 and not ever since, just like the songs "Another Day" and "Xscape" eg which the MJ Estate and Sony have both already released and they simply didn't get any exposure they had deserved. There's a lot of MJ material that just won't attract the general public if they cannot find ways to promote it properly. And the die-hard fans alone are not what gets two business entities the profit they are aiming for, as a matter of fact.

MJInnocentLeaks

HideOuter Novel
It wasn't dropped, it has never been selected, just considered. The song won't work with mainstream, not in 2001 and not ever since, just like the songs "Another Day" and "Xscape" eg which the MJ Estate and Sony have both already released and they simply didn't get any exposure they had deserved. There's a lot of MJ material that just won't attract the general public if they cannot find ways to promote it properly. And the die-hard fans alone are not what gets two business entities the profit they are aiming for, as a matter of fact.
Ah that makes sense