• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

James Brown's place: Funkity funk.

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
"Los discos de JB's están llenos de grooves infinitos de funk con gritos colectivos en los que te metes como si fuera una misa vudú fantásticos para exorcizar cualquier pena que tengáis".:cool:(y)(y):cool:

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
Cuando la peña se flipa con el subidón del makineto, es que me parto el culo, ni idea de lo que significa eso realmente:

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
Su manera de componer, interesante e ilustrativa, de nuevo en inglés:

First they’d rent a recording studio. Mr. Brown would have just the drummer and the bass player mess around until he heard a groove he liked. Then he’d ask them to lock in that groove.

Then they’d build up from the bass groove, just going up the frequency range. They’d add rhythm guitar atop the groove, and then Brown’s voice atop the rhythm guitar. And last they’d lay the high-pitched horns onto the very top. Listen to one of the songs; you’ll hear it.

Sacado de este enlace:

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
Estupendérrimo blog en el que se analiza la importancia, relevancia del funk llevado a cabo por él:
:afro:
:2thumbsup:

En inglés, eso también, ooops!:

https://blog.discmakers.com/2018/10/james-brown-and-the-invention-of-funk-music/

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
In english, yes but;...

Although he initially played in a style that incorporated ballads, rock and roll, and classic uptempo R&B, Brown soon found that he could do more with less by stripping away the more superfluous elements of his music and arrangements. Multiple chord changes were reduced to vamping on a single chord. Fleshed out lyrics were tossed in favour of improvised lines. Predetermined sections were dropped as call and response between musicians began to take shape.

All of these elements soon began to coalesce into a brand new sound. Built around the rhythm of his drummers, Brown wanted music that was highly danceable, relatively simple, and could go on for hours on end. In short, Brown wanted music that was as indefatigable as he was. What he stumbled on was the importance of ‘The One’, the first downbeat of every measure of music. If the band constantly hit ‘The One’, then everything else could flow easily after that. It was a basic concept that could lead to unlimited sonic possibilities, and Brown milked those possibilities for all they were worth in songs like ‘Cold Sweat’ and ‘I Got Ants in My Pants (And I Want to Dance)’.

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
Este ya tiene subtítulos, yeeep!
Joé!, viendo este vídeo, en las escenas del público enfervorizado ante el total torbellino que era James Brown sobre el escenario, en sus mejores tiempos, me da coraje en el sentido de que me hubiera encantado estar entre el público compartiendo tal entusiasmo común, ¡¡esa es mi peña, mi crew!! :cool:

(y) 👌

Lástima que el tiempo haya desplazado ese género musical al semiolvido, y ahora tengamos un ritmo tan pedreste.