• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

Random questions/ thoughts I have- mainly concerning playback and TII

I appreciate that. theres also this photo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vBY9SV0ZtoOWZLlgNqZ4XBPWHcr-k2Ye/view?usp=sharing
that looks like a stranger in moscow pose, but that could be me just over speculating lol. I doubt it is YANA just because of where its set in both setlists, it would be either after smooth criminal, or right before Billie Jean, so him wearing that outfit doesn't work if you know what I'm saying- but again, I could be wrong. I know what you mean though. A lot of MJ fans, especially younger or newer ones like to take something and run with it, and they'll say something like you said "YOU ROCK MY WORLD AND BAD WERE GOING TO BE PERFORMED ON SPECIFIC NIGHTS INSTEAD OF THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL", but as much as it pains me to say bc how much I love the song bad: it was not on the run down and neither was you rock my world. Travis payne recently did an interview with the MJcast in which he says that speechless was taken off the rundown and never rehearsed and that that one snippet of him singing it was the only time. I'm very fascinated, I wish they could make a documentary with all the TII info so we can get a clear answer on things like: what was rehearsed on the 23rd and 24th, how many times were certain songs run, what was the latest version setlist (theres the Michael Prince one but also theres the JM setlist from late May). Why were songs like Heal the World, Will You Be There, Stranger in Moscow, OTW medley, and parts of songs omitted from the film. But the odds of that happening are next to none.
Michael Prince gave the set for June 25th which I don't consider the final setlist, cause michael never saw it. But I figured out what the final setlist was. The brief second list i talked about shown in movie from a computer. I didnt pay that much attention before a couple weeks ago cause the fact it was in the part between wbss and am, I thought that was just a list and didnt mean much cause i assumed it was from the time that they were showing in that part, before band rehearsals. But I actually looked at it and id definitely say it was the final set while michael was alive.

I always thought that was a human nature pose by the way. I dont see it fitting in stranger. But looks like what he wouldve dont in the parts like at the very start "reaching out" *bam* and on the bam michael shoots his arm and fist out. Thats how I've always looked at it.
There's multiple reasons songs were left out.
When michael performed them, he was obviously high
When michael performed them, he was too out of it and had to keep stopping and starting and only did portions in the end
or just because of time in the movie.

I think its all 3 tbh, Especially the first two cause thats why they have so many cuts and edits in songs that arent from june 23rd and 24th.

Also, Michael didnt rehearse the set list in order, at least on the 23rd. Apparent by the photos

Anyway, this is what I think was the final set for while michael was alive. You can see its michael princes set just with Jam and J5 and still using WYBT and YANA
  1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin
  2. Off the Wall Medley
  3. Jam
  4. Drill / They Don't Care About Us
  5. Stranger in Moscow
  6. Smooth Criminal
  7. The Way You Make Me Feel
  8. You Are Not Alone
  9. J5 Medley: I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There
  10. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
  11. Dangerous
  12. Dirty Diana
  13. Beat It
  14. Thriller
  15. Threatened
  16. Earth Song
  17. We Are the World / Heal the World
  18. Black or White
  19. Billie Jean
  20. Will You Be There
  21. Man in the Mirror
  22. Human Nature (additional material)
  23. State of Shock (additional material)

you didn't read my previous responses of facts to do with this is it.
One, that couldve very easily just been the audio recording problem, theyre recording far away from the stage, outside thick cement walls, and remembering the fact the wouldnt even be playing the audio as loud as they would in the actual show.

Two, it sounds like you are talking about the recording from the garage door. I believe that was in late forum time and even maybe the staples.
By that point, as I stated before, Michael Prince was editing the playbacks to make them sound live so that couldve easily been from that
All right dude

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
Michael Prince gave the set for June 25th which I don't consider the final setlist, cause michael never saw it. But I figured out what the final setlist was. The brief second list i talked about shown in movie from a computer. I didnt pay that much attention before a couple weeks ago cause the fact it was in the part between wbss and am, I thought that was just a list and didnt mean much cause i assumed it was from the time that they were showing in that part, before band rehearsals. But I actually looked at it and id definitely say it was the final set while michael was alive.

I always thought that was a human nature pose by the way. I dont see it fitting in stranger. But looks like what he wouldve dont in the parts like at the very start "reaching out" *bam* and on the bam michael shoots his arm and fist out. Thats how I've always looked at it.
There's multiple reasons songs were left out.
When michael performed them, he was obviously high
When michael performed them, he was too out of it and had to keep stopping and starting and only did portions in the end
or just because of time in the movie.

I think its all 3 tbh, Especially the first two cause thats why they have so many cuts and edits in songs that arent from june 23rd and 24th.

Also, Michael didnt rehearse the set list in order, at least on the 23rd. Apparent by the photos

Anyway, this is what I think was the final set for while michael was alive. You can see its michael princes set just with Jam and J5 and still using WYBT and YANA
  1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin
  2. Off the Wall Medley
  3. Jam
  4. Drill / They Don't Care About Us
  5. Stranger in Moscow
  6. Smooth Criminal
  7. The Way You Make Me Feel
  8. You Are Not Alone
  9. J5 Medley: I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There
  10. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
  11. Dangerous
  12. Dirty Diana
  13. Beat It
  14. Thriller
  15. Threatened
  16. Earth Song
  17. We Are the World / Heal the World
  18. Black or White
  19. Billie Jean
  20. Will You Be There
  21. Man in the Mirror
  22. Human Nature (additional material)
  23. State of Shock (additional material)
MMM interesting, ya, the more I read, the more I see that there was a lot of stopping and starting. I also read that the reason Dangerous wasn't included in the film was because the 24th was the night they made the final mix, and on the 23rd, one of the dancers did an interview and said Michael got lost quite a lot during the number, forgot choreography and some lyrics. But I'm curious how the June 24th rehearsal of Dangerous went, if it was much of the same or if it was a more complete performance. I assume they stopped and started a lot, but I'd love to see them mixed together to create one run of the number. I'm calling back to the interview with Michael Prince, but I can't remember why in the film they chose to use demo vocals on songs like Billie Jean and especially in Earth Song; do you remember his reasoning?

MMM interesting, ya, the more I read, the more I see that there was a lot of stopping and starting. I also read that the reason Dangerous wasn't included in the film was because the 24th was the night they made the final mix, and on the 23rd, one of the dancers did an interview and said Michael got lost quite a lot during the number, forgot choreography and some lyrics. But I'm curious how the June 24th rehearsal of Dangerous went, if it was much of the same or if it was a more complete performance. I assume they stopped and started a lot, but I'd love to see them mixed together to create one run of the number. I'm calling back to the interview with Michael Prince, but I can't remember why in the film they chose to use demo vocals on songs like Billie Jean and especially in Earth Song; do you remember his reasoning?
Maybe he was tired, is curiously the 23 june is probably the best day of rehearsals.

I dont know how are the Abril rehearsals, but i heard he was happy and energic

The forgetting everything, Idk if I've stated was cause the propofol didnt let his brain sleep (to put it simple). The effects of being awake for 64 nights straight, or at least the ones michael was clearly suffering from, was:
  • Drowsiness
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Impaired memory
  • Reduced physical strength
  • Diminished ability to fight off infections
  • Increased risk for depression and mental illness
  • Increased risk for potentially life-threatening complications, such as car accidents, and untreated sleep disorders like insomnia, sleep apnea, and narcolepsy
  • Hallucinations
  • Severe mood swings

And not stated there, well quite a few arent stated cause 64 nights awake is literally unheard of, but it will result literally in you going crazy, Things (again that michael suffered from) Talking to ones self, obsessing, repeating things over and over again.
But, that being said..... The ephedrine being a stimulant, so keeping him awake and giving him energy..... I dont think its as strong as amphetamines but its still extremely strong to every day stimulants..... I'm not sure if it would still have much of an effect at 64 nights awake but I can go 4 days straight without sleep and an hour after taking my meds, I feel no sense of tiredness at all and can easily manage staying up till minimum 3am again. So that concept in mind, at least at 4 nights awake, it basically stops your mind feeling A LOT of sleep deprivation effects.
Idk if that'd include memory but...... The fact we see most of all the songs from the 23rd run basically straight through, no problems.... I thought it was good for his memory (especially cause strong stimulants help you concentrate A LOT, hence their use in adhd), energy levels, literally everything. That drug was the ONLY reason everyone in the crew was saying his performance on the 23rd was "electric" so Im really surprised to hear that about dangerous. It was essentially the exact same choreography as always and michaels favourite choreography to perform, also the one he did constantly cause he changed it a little every era.
So the fact he got all the others fine.... It's just really surprising to hear that considering the circumstances of that specific song through 2 decades.
If you can find me that interview i'd love to see it... I'm very curious.

Just saw you asked another thing hahaha.
If I recall, he didn't give a proper answer to that question, which I think was the case cause I literally just listen to that interview multiple time just for this is it hahaaha. But if it was said, and I heard it twice, I dont think Id still be just speculating as to why they dubbed it.
In my opinion, It'd be because of a few reasons
1. Michael didn't show up to many rehearsals
2. When he did show up, a lot of the time he would use playback. So some songs they would've only had him performing with playback.
Yeah, they still would've had his mic track but.... everyone whos heard botdf in munich July 4th..... If that's how michael sung over playback, in a live performance too, They couldn't of used that in the movie
3. A lot of times when he did sing live you have the problem with billie jean and man in the mirror. He's not properly singing. Especially for a movie trying to capture michael in a way that fans can get a better glimpse into what TII would have been, It just wouldn't work with vocals like
Billie Jeans ablibs all the way through the whole movie.
You also have to remember something that was quite apparent to me in travis's interview.... They were all, and probably still are, unless travis just trying doesnt, didn't care about michael at all, they were or are still under contracts/non disclosure agreements with AEG.
AEG at the time were purposely manipulating the movie to make michael look extremely healthy, with it, present and ready to perform.
The only time the truth came out about the real story behind this is it's process was at the conrad trial and AEG trial.
I mean, just look at the interview kenny gave just after michael died with Travis, Randy, and M.B (too many michaels to write their names
anymore now haha) and compare that to what kenny was stating at the trial. It's 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT realities.

So yeah, that's my belief personally. In most everything in regards to the movie. And in terms of the dubbing by itself, M.P said it was his decision, yes. I believe that. But I think it had more to it and was actually a situation like randy saying they couldn't use a lot of the live vocals, cause I mean...... People say "look at the unedited human nature they released as a trailer for the movie" as an argument that he lost his ability to sing. I mean, it has clearly been edited quite a bit but..... It's not like they used autotune, at least on human nature, And like.... He could definitely still sing. He just didn't have the power in his voice. So at least vocally, even tho he could sing, his voice definitely was ready and I doubt would be ready by the start of the tour. But yeah.... I believe as a result of AEG saying to dub and edit the songs, then it was M.P who made the decision to use demos and stuff, the songs they couldn't use Studio vocals for (like WBSS and Human Nature) they just edited.
Then, come to songs like smooth criminal where michaels vocals were really great, they sneak those vocals in.
Just thinking about that right now tho, the fact they used him singing (I think it was) the second verse live, supports the statements of the stop and starting and as a result literally rehearsing the song in sections. Cause his habits in TII. If he started to properly sing (IE: Human Nature and IJCSLY) he went completely in with it and did the whole song like it. So apart from the stopping and starting, I don't really think there was any other reason they only used the second verse.

But Yeah, I think I've covered everything in your response.
I do apologise for the LONGGGGGGGG responses on my end. It's only because TII is such a big and complicated story so describing things in itself is gonna be long but I'll add more info that you didn't ask about just because I think you need a lot better of a picture in a lot of parts to fully understand.
I don't mind typing. Literally been typing this message for an hour, I've done that multiple times for you now too.
But yeah, I don't mind at all. I honestly fucking love it cause it's such an interesting era for both about the show and his personal life (how he functioned, what was going on mentally, how he acted, what effect certain things were having, and like his messed up toxic routine in the end of
Wake up and throughout the day - Take ephedrine to keep extremely energised and and focused and manage to perform
Get home and bed time - Take propofol and be knocked out completely
Wake up and repeat the cycle.
I just find everything from February to June 25th so extremely interesting)
Ughhhhhhhhh, Imma finish that sentence this time omgggggggg
I really don't mind spending over an hour giving an extreme detailed and long response, I honestly love it, Im just somewhat scared and paranoid its too annoying and long for you to read

Maybe he was tired, is curiously the 23 june is probably the best day of rehearsals.

I dont know how are the Abril rehearsals, but i heard he was happy and energic
He probably was happy and energetic in april. That would be right when he started taking propofol every night so the severe sleep deprivation was really a thing at that point. The only problem at the rehearsals directly drug intoxication caused was him on morphine. Which he had a high tolerance to and used to performing on (as you see how he was at the first MSG 2001 show. His eyes were closed literally the entire hour but.... yeah, he performed to a lot less of standards but that was to his standards. It was still incredible and topped most performers by a long shot) so excluding when he shown up too high to perform, He still shown up a decent few times where he could perform (orange pants, Black shirt, and blue shirt) on it. So it wasn't the biggest problem half the time.
The problem in in rehearsals after june 8th (estimating that time but should of started around that point) was the effects of being awake for well over a month straight at that point. That sleep deprivation was what caused both his physical health and mental health to deteriorate so quickly and yeah, between may to the end of june.
Lets say my guess about the ephedrine taking away a lot of effects from the severe sleep deprivation is accurate. What we saw in the movie of june 23rd was the very start of michael performing.
So that would've been around mid afternoon so he probably took a couple ephedrine right before starting to rehearse and then what we have up until J5 is june 23rd in chronological order from the rehearsals.
Then we have shake your body. Can't judge how he was there cause all his does is bop around a bit and do a simple 20 second dance
Then we get to Beat It. Now, he's starting to wear his already 3 layers of clothes and a suit jacket on top of that which would probably mean it's getting a lot later. The fact we only have like 10 seconds of snippets in beat it from that performance, and the fact it's getting late..... I don't know how long ephedrine affects you for but i'd say he stopped taking it for the day at this point because as any really strong stimulant does, gives you extremely bad insomnia. You can have literally no thoughts going through you head for a whole 4 hours, no anxiety, nothing that actually causes the insomnia but you wont be able to get to sleep for HOURS after its stopped even affecting you.
SO yeah, hes probably not affected much at this point and performing not the best.
Then, comes black or white and now his deteriorating even more than from just the sleep deprivation. Thats come back, yes. But now he has the effects of that plus the, You can definately say he abused them (confirmed cause he would probably only meant to be taking 1 a day. He was using it for a week tops and in the police photos of his room there were a couple of empty bottles of it) so he'd go through a withdrawal in a sense. So like, chills, lack of energy, aches, things like like. And then on top of those two, cause the ephedrine has worn off, hes feeling the morphine withdrawals. He came off morphine without anyone knowing. He took extreme amounts of it so his withdrawals wouldve been extreme. Going cold turkey off morphine even at a lot lower levels of dosage is extremely dangerous, and life threatening. So you can imagine what he was going through. Hence why in black or white He was wearing a total of:
Thick Levi jeans
a shirt
an over shirt
another over shirt
a suit jacket,
and a thick, long, warm coat on top of that.
and he just looked like he'd deteriorated over weeks, in the period of an hour.

Now, The songs we know he performed on june 24th were done between 9:30 and 11pm. So again, the ephedrine wouldve worn off and hence the deterioration

He probably was happy and energetic in april. That would be right when he started taking propofol every night so the severe sleep deprivation was really a thing at that point. The only problem at the rehearsals directly drug intoxication caused was him on morphine. Which he had a high tolerance to and used to performing on (as you see how he was at the first MSG 2001 show. His eyes were closed literally the entire hour but.... yeah, he performed to a lot less of standards but that was to his standards. It was still incredible and topped most performers by a long shot) so excluding when he shown up too high to perform, He still shown up a decent few times where he could perform (orange pants, Black shirt, and blue shirt) on it. So it wasn't the biggest problem half the time.
The problem in in rehearsals after june 8th (estimating that time but should of started around that point) was the effects of being awake for well over a month straight at that point. That sleep deprivation was what caused both his physical health and mental health to deteriorate so quickly and yeah, between may to the end of june.
Lets say my guess about the ephedrine taking away a lot of effects from the severe sleep deprivation is accurate. What we saw in the movie of june 23rd was the very start of michael performing.
So that would've been around mid afternoon so he probably took a couple ephedrine right before starting to rehearse and then what we have up until J5 is june 23rd in chronological order from the rehearsals.
Then we have shake your body. Can't judge how he was there cause all his does is bop around a bit and do a simple 20 second dance
Then we get to Beat It. Now, he's starting to wear his already 3 layers of clothes and a suit jacket on top of that which would probably mean it's getting a lot later. The fact we only have like 10 seconds of snippets in beat it from that performance, and the fact it's getting late..... I don't know how long ephedrine affects you for but i'd say he stopped taking it for the day at this point because as any really strong stimulant does, gives you extremely bad insomnia. You can have literally no thoughts going through you head for a whole 4 hours, no anxiety, nothing that actually causes the insomnia but you wont be able to get to sleep for HOURS after its stopped even affecting you.
SO yeah, hes probably not affected much at this point and performing not the best.
Then, comes black or white and now his deteriorating even more than from just the sleep deprivation. Thats come back, yes. But now he has the effects of that plus the, You can definately say he abused them (confirmed cause he would probably only meant to be taking 1 a day. He was using it for a week tops and in the police photos of his room there were a couple of empty bottles of it) so he'd go through a withdrawal in a sense. So like, chills, lack of energy, aches, things like like. And then on top of those two, cause the ephedrine has worn off, hes feeling the morphine withdrawals. He came off morphine without anyone knowing. He took extreme amounts of it so his withdrawals wouldve been extreme. Going cold turkey off morphine even at a lot lower levels of dosage is extremely dangerous, and life threatening. So you can imagine what he was going through. Hence why in black or white He was wearing a total of:
Thick Levi jeans
a shirt
an over shirt
another over shirt
a suit jacket,
and a thick, long, warm coat on top of that.
and he just looked like he'd deteriorated over weeks, in the period of an hour.

Now, The songs we know he performed on june 24th were done between 9:30 and 11pm. So again, the ephedrine wouldve worn off and hence the deterioration
This can explain why looks so tired the 24 june rehearsal, and if the epidrine causes a lot of problems of insommia this can explain why he can't sleep even though he took valirium, demerol and a lot of sedatives.

Do you think he took propofol on the HTW? I think he took it in a few shows in 1996 and he took with more frecuently in 1997, some fans says he took propofol in Munich shows and if you see the last gigs of the History Tour you can see he loss weight and was really slim, on the DWT and BWT this didnt happen.

And yes at begin of rehearsals Michael was relatevely on "Good Health" the problem was the terryble decisions, but this is not only guilty of AEG is guilty of Michael and Murray, is increidible the tour even no started and Michael already took Propofol, not matter if he was training in a GYM 24/7, one month without sleep is mortal.

This can explain why looks so tired the 24 june rehearsal, and if the epidrine causes a lot of problems of insommia this can explain why he can't sleep even though he took valirium, demerol and a lot of sedatives.

Do you think he took propofol on the HTW? I think he took it in a few shows in 1996 and he took with more frecuently in 1997, some fans says he took propofol in Munich shows and if you see the last gigs of the History Tour you can see he loss weight and was really slim, on the DWT and BWT this didnt happen.

And yes at begin of rehearsals Michael was relatevely on "Good Health" the problem was the terryble decisions, but this is not only guilty of AEG is guilty of Michael and Murray, is increidible the tour even no started and Michael already took Propofol, not matter if he was training in a GYM 24/7, one month without sleep is mortal.
Over two months no sleep by june 25th.
Yes, the ephedrine, I will admit IDK for a fact cause I haven't researched other than to work out why michael was abusing it and taking it in the last week and again very briefly when I worked out in my head knowing its a strong stimulant that what he was describing after I want you back was literally my ears from constant, extreme jaw clenching I don't even realise im doing. Its a sounds exactly like the main effect I get from the clenching so yeah, just very briefly looked into whether it causes jaw clenching or not to see if i was probably right in my theory.
But yeah, back to the main topic.
Just going of knowing how amphetamines and amphetamine-like (which are just extremely strong stimulants) drugs keep you awake till like 5am if its worn off at like 6pm, I'd say ephedrine causes that too.
But when michael stated taking it, it didn't matter whether the ephedrine did that or not. The morphine withdrawal caused insomnia even worse than that. In the end, A lot of professionals who studied the case, and even fucking conrad himself, all said that was most definitely michaels main cause for his insomnia. The morphine withdrawal.

Now..... ONWARDS

1996, I don't personally think he was taking much of anything, especially not propofol. I think he was probably just taking morphine or demerol to sleep and that was about it. But I can only speculate.
As someone who dances and studies michaels live performances extremely, plus with a History of experimenting with a couple hard drugs when I was 15 (not acting proud of it, it will make sense why im saying in a sec. But experimenting with meth and shit, couldn't really try hard downers cause im allergic to morphine. The slightest amount will kill me. But I have been around a lot of people on morphine/horoin/Oxys etc. All apart from heroin michael used but morphine and oxys are basically the exact same drug as heroin just way more potent so technically worse to abuse) So, just by studying his dance for so long, I know when somethings off one night that a lot of people dont really catch or pay much attention to. Then my experience with using certain types of drugs and people using certain types of drugs, I can never say 100% but I can see in the acting different nights, certain effects that certain types have on you and how you act and your mind and sense of feeling (overly will affect his dancing in someway). So, 1996 he seemed pretty clean to me, at least when he performed.
1997....... People say munich but thats only because his wife said the first time he ever used propofol was at a hotel in Germany. He performed at quite a few places there on a lot of different dates. But I agree thats where the abuse started.
Now..... Up to munich he seemed pretty normal, in terms of how he acted and how he looked physically and everything.
But!!!!!
Between probably just before basel up until birthday night, Michael lost an extreme amount of weight. A lot of hard drugs will do that to a person (not propofol mind you. Thats got basically almost no affect on weight by itself) but..... Gothenburg onwards, Especially in Gothenburg tho, He acted REALLLLLLYYYYY different performing and was A LOT slimmer. The way he acted, sung, dance and enthusiasm as a whole, really reminds me of uppers (Strong stimulants). This might've very well been the phase in which he discovered them and used them to either be able to get high on morphine and then go on stage without the extreme energy loss and things like that, or just used it for energy itself or something a long those lines.
But yeah, my theory, especially cause, at least with amphetamines, it speeds you metabolism up to unreal levels. Ill dance for 1 and a half hours, drink over 4 litres of liquid, and I'd still have lost minimum of 3 kg. So, Just in my opinion, with how he acted, danced and how he managed to lose that much weight in like 2-3 weeks, I think it was stimulants.
Also, he did actually lose an extreme amount of weight on bad. if you look at videos and photos in HD (especially APOM from Bad 25) you'll see michael started off the second leg at a pretty healthy looking weight and come the end of July, was soooooooooo skinny. But the difference is..... The energy of bad tour, he'd of lost easily twice as much weight per night as he would on history but bads weightloss was over a much longer period of time. Which again, leads me to thing he was definitely on something in 97 that really increases your metabolism.

Lastly.... In terms of whos fault it was.
AEG were to blame for one thing, knowing michael was always getting high from doctors and they still paid for a doctor after knowing this and also after michael downright saying "I only want this doctor specifically". When he said it, fair play, dont have to be that concerned, but knowing hes getting high after he made that demand, its very specious.
They knew michael was getting high but that was the extend. Michael safely used morphine for most of his life. Only time he overdosed was while on tour in 93 (obvious reasons why he was so risky and took way too much. He lost so much weight and need to get more and more high to not feel the pain. Bad combo), and in 2005 (same situation. Was 38kg, underweight for him starts at 57kg so, Yeah, it was really bad. And again, the allegations, this time extremely worse). Theyre the only 2 times we know he od'd.
So, a safe morphine user. Plus, when he went to conrad, conrad also sounded like he came across like he knew what he was doing. Yeah, would give michael things to perform better (ephedrine) but was still a doctor. Who was also with michael 24/7 basically. So he had possession over what, how much and when he gave things to michael.
Then they just ignored the signs of michaels deterioration and just kept going. It is bad but..... I don't think they thought in the slightest it would kill him.
So in terms of what killed him. It was michael and conrads fault. Mostly michaels tho. If he didnt find conrad, hed of found someone else

Over two months no sleep by june 25th.
Yes, the ephedrine, I will admit IDK for a fact cause I haven't researched other than to work out why michael was abusing it and taking it in the last week and again very briefly when I worked out in my head knowing its a strong stimulant that what he was describing after I want you back was literally my ears from constant, extreme jaw clenching I don't even realise im doing. Its a sounds exactly like the main effect I get from the clenching so yeah, just very briefly looked into whether it causes jaw clenching or not to see if i was probably right in my theory.
But yeah, back to the main topic.
Just going of knowing how amphetamines and amphetamine-like (which are just extremely strong stimulants) drugs keep you awake till like 5am if its worn off at like 6pm, I'd say ephedrine causes that too.
But when michael stated taking it, it didn't matter whether the ephedrine did that or not. The morphine withdrawal caused insomnia even worse than that. In the end, A lot of professionals who studied the case, and even fucking conrad himself, all said that was most definitely michaels main cause for his insomnia. The morphine withdrawal.

Now..... ONWARDS

1996, I don't personally think he was taking much of anything, especially not propofol. I think he was probably just taking morphine or demerol to sleep and that was about it. But I can only speculate.
As someone who dances and studies michaels live performances extremely, plus with a History of experimenting with a couple hard drugs when I was 15 (not acting proud of it, it will make sense why im saying in a sec. But experimenting with meth and shit, couldn't really try hard downers cause im allergic to morphine. The slightest amount will kill me. But I have been around a lot of people on morphine/horoin/Oxys etc. All apart from heroin michael used but morphine and oxys are basically the exact same drug as heroin just way more potent so technically worse to abuse) So, just by studying his dance for so long, I know when somethings off one night that a lot of people dont really catch or pay much attention to. Then my experience with using certain types of drugs and people using certain types of drugs, I can never say 100% but I can see in the acting different nights, certain effects that certain types have on you and how you act and your mind and sense of feeling (overly will affect his dancing in someway). So, 1996 he seemed pretty clean to me, at least when he performed.
1997....... People say munich but thats only because his wife said the first time he ever used propofol was at a hotel in Germany. He performed at quite a few places there on a lot of different dates. But I agree thats where the abuse started.
Now..... Up to munich he seemed pretty normal, in terms of how he acted and how he looked physically and everything.
But!!!!!
Between probably just before basel up until birthday night, Michael lost an extreme amount of weight. A lot of hard drugs will do that to a person (not propofol mind you. Thats got basically almost no affect on weight by itself) but..... Gothenburg onwards, Especially in Gothenburg tho, He acted REALLLLLLYYYYY different performing and was A LOT slimmer. The way he acted, sung, dance and enthusiasm as a whole, really reminds me of uppers (Strong stimulants). This might've very well been the phase in which he discovered them and used them to either be able to get high on morphine and then go on stage without the extreme energy loss and things like that, or just used it for energy itself or something a long those lines.
But yeah, my theory, especially cause, at least with amphetamines, it speeds you metabolism up to unreal levels. Ill dance for 1 and a half hours, drink over 4 litres of liquid, and I'd still have lost minimum of 3 kg. So, Just in my opinion, with how he acted, danced and how he managed to lose that much weight in like 2-3 weeks, I think it was stimulants.
Also, he did actually lose an extreme amount of weight on bad. if you look at videos and photos in HD (especially APOM from Bad 25) you'll see michael started off the second leg at a pretty healthy looking weight and come the end of July, was soooooooooo skinny. But the difference is..... The energy of bad tour, he'd of lost easily twice as much weight per night as he would on history but bads weightloss was over a much longer period of time. Which again, leads me to thing he was definitely on something in 97 that really increases your metabolism.

Lastly.... In terms of whos fault it was.
AEG were to blame for one thing, knowing michael was always getting high from doctors and they still paid for a doctor after knowing this and also after michael downright saying "I only want this doctor specifically". When he said it, fair play, dont have to be that concerned, but knowing hes getting high after he made that demand, its very specious.
They knew michael was getting high but that was the extend. Michael safely used morphine for most of his life. Only time he overdosed was while on tour in 93 (obvious reasons why he was so risky and took way too much. He lost so much weight and need to get more and more high to not feel the pain. Bad combo), and in 2005 (same situation. Was 38kg, underweight for him starts at 57kg so, Yeah, it was really bad. And again, the allegations, this time extremely worse). Theyre the only 2 times we know he od'd.
So, a safe morphine user. Plus, when he went to conrad, conrad also sounded like he came across like he knew what he was doing. Yeah, would give michael things to perform better (ephedrine) but was still a doctor. Who was also with michael 24/7 basically. So he had possession over what, how much and when he gave things to michael.
Then they just ignored the signs of michaels deterioration and just kept going. It is bad but..... I don't think they thought in the slightest it would kill him.
So in terms of what killed him. It was michael and conrads fault. Mostly michaels tho. If he didnt find conrad, hed of found someone else
I dont know he loss weight in July, but in Wembley shows he have a lot of energy, Maybe He could took drugs for have energy to the shows (He did 7 shows), In August Leg I see Him more tired probably he swich off the drugs and for this reason he had to cancel a lot of shows until November- December.

PD: i dont know what do you think, but for me Michael in early 97 looks really health, even more than 96 shows, he looks more happy, i would like he sangs more because he had better shape and good voice (until múnich)

Última edición:

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
The forgetting everything, Idk if I've stated was cause the propofol didnt let his brain sleep (to put it simple). The effects of being awake for 64 nights straight, or at least the ones michael was clearly suffering from, was:
  • Drowsiness
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Impaired memory
  • Reduced physical strength
  • Diminished ability to fight off infections
  • Increased risk for depression and mental illness
  • Increased risk for potentially life-threatening complications, such as car accidents, and untreated sleep disorders like insomnia, sleep apnea, and narcolepsy
  • Hallucinations
  • Severe mood swings

And not stated there, well quite a few arent stated cause 64 nights awake is literally unheard of, but it will result literally in you going crazy, Things (again that michael suffered from) Talking to ones self, obsessing, repeating things over and over again.
But, that being said..... The ephedrine being a stimulant, so keeping him awake and giving him energy..... I dont think its as strong as amphetamines but its still extremely strong to every day stimulants..... I'm not sure if it would still have much of an effect at 64 nights awake but I can go 4 days straight without sleep and an hour after taking my meds, I feel no sense of tiredness at all and can easily manage staying up till minimum 3am again. So that concept in mind, at least at 4 nights awake, it basically stops your mind feeling A LOT of sleep deprivation effects.
Idk if that'd include memory but...... The fact we see most of all the songs from the 23rd run basically straight through, no problems.... I thought it was good for his memory (especially cause strong stimulants help you concentrate A LOT, hence their use in adhd), energy levels, literally everything. That drug was the ONLY reason everyone in the crew was saying his performance on the 23rd was "electric" so Im really surprised to hear that about dangerous. It was essentially the exact same choreography as always and michaels favourite choreography to perform, also the one he did constantly cause he changed it a little every era.
So the fact he got all the others fine.... It's just really surprising to hear that considering the circumstances of that specific song through 2 decades.
If you can find me that interview i'd love to see it... I'm very curious.

Just saw you asked another thing hahaha.
If I recall, he didn't give a proper answer to that question, which I think was the case cause I literally just listen to that interview multiple time just for this is it hahaaha. But if it was said, and I heard it twice, I dont think Id still be just speculating as to why they dubbed it.
In my opinion, It'd be because of a few reasons
1. Michael didn't show up to many rehearsals
2. When he did show up, a lot of the time he would use playback. So some songs they would've only had him performing with playback.
Yeah, they still would've had his mic track but.... everyone whos heard botdf in munich July 4th..... If that's how michael sung over playback, in a live performance too, They couldn't of used that in the movie
3. A lot of times when he did sing live you have the problem with billie jean and man in the mirror. He's not properly singing. Especially for a movie trying to capture michael in a way that fans can get a better glimpse into what TII would have been, It just wouldn't work with vocals like
Billie Jeans ablibs all the way through the whole movie.
You also have to remember something that was quite apparent to me in travis's interview.... They were all, and probably still are, unless travis just trying doesnt, didn't care about michael at all, they were or are still under contracts/non disclosure agreements with AEG.
AEG at the time were purposely manipulating the movie to make michael look extremely healthy, with it, present and ready to perform.
The only time the truth came out about the real story behind this is it's process was at the conrad trial and AEG trial.
I mean, just look at the interview kenny gave just after michael died with Travis, Randy, and M.B (too many michaels to write their names
anymore now haha) and compare that to what kenny was stating at the trial. It's 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT realities.

So yeah, that's my belief personally. In most everything in regards to the movie. And in terms of the dubbing by itself, M.P said it was his decision, yes. I believe that. But I think it had more to it and was actually a situation like randy saying they couldn't use a lot of the live vocals, cause I mean...... People say "look at the unedited human nature they released as a trailer for the movie" as an argument that he lost his ability to sing. I mean, it has clearly been edited quite a bit but..... It's not like they used autotune, at least on human nature, And like.... He could definitely still sing. He just didn't have the power in his voice. So at least vocally, even tho he could sing, his voice definitely was ready and I doubt would be ready by the start of the tour. But yeah.... I believe as a result of AEG saying to dub and edit the songs, then it was M.P who made the decision to use demos and stuff, the songs they couldn't use Studio vocals for (like WBSS and Human Nature) they just edited.
Then, come to songs like smooth criminal where michaels vocals were really great, they sneak those vocals in.
Just thinking about that right now tho, the fact they used him singing (I think it was) the second verse live, supports the statements of the stop and starting and as a result literally rehearsing the song in sections. Cause his habits in TII. If he started to properly sing (IE: Human Nature and IJCSLY) he went completely in with it and did the whole song like it. So apart from the stopping and starting, I don't really think there was any other reason they only used the second verse.

But Yeah, I think I've covered everything in your response.
I do apologise for the LONGGGGGGGG responses on my end. It's only because TII is such a big and complicated story so describing things in itself is gonna be long but I'll add more info that you didn't ask about just because I think you need a lot better of a picture in a lot of parts to fully understand.
I don't mind typing. Literally been typing this message for an hour, I've done that multiple times for you now too.
But yeah, I don't mind at all. I honestly fucking love it cause it's such an interesting era for both about the show and his personal life (how he functioned, what was going on mentally, how he acted, what effect certain things were having, and like his messed up toxic routine in the end of
Wake up and throughout the day - Take ephedrine to keep extremely energised and and focused and manage to perform
Get home and bed time - Take propofol and be knocked out completely
Wake up and repeat the cycle.
I just find everything from February to June 25th so extremely interesting)
Ughhhhhhhhh, Imma finish that sentence this time omgggggggg
I really don't mind spending over an hour giving an extreme detailed and long response, I honestly love it, Im just somewhat scared and paranoid its too annoying and long for you to read
OH don't worry about the long winded responses, I myself am very interested in all those little details. I have another question (lol), do you know much about the rehearsals of Man in The Mirror? Only one rehearsal was shown, but because of it being such an important number, I feel like he definitely rehearsed it more than that one time.

I think the Earth Song rehearsal (24 June) was lypsinc, if they start to use playback in June i think michael not sang, because this song was playback in History era and have High Records, i guess dont want fuck his throat in the TII Gigs, he sang only a few songs but more than the History Tour.

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
I think the Earth Song rehearsal (24 June) was lypsinc, if they start to use playback in June i think michael not sang, because this song was playback in History era and have High Records, i guess dont want fuck his throat in the TII Gigs, he sang only a few songs but more than the History Tour.
I think Earth Song is like Jam in the sense that he was singing live in that particular rehearsal (save for the ending) but they placed the studio acapella over and at very small sections inserted the live vocals, I mean like small little sections like the beginning of phrases, or little words. But I could be wrong, because it also looks like it may have been playback. I guess I'm not too sure.

I think Earth Song is like Jam in the sense that he was singing live in that particular rehearsal (save for the ending) but they placed the studio acapella over and at very small sections inserted the live vocals, I mean like small little sections like the beginning of phrases, or little words. But I could be wrong, because it also looks like it may have been playback. I guess I'm not too sure.
I doubt it was performed live at the time. Very strongly doubt. Like you said, can't know for sure but it seems more than likely. From what we know from the footage we have and just observing the extremely limited videos from the 24th they chose to include, I dont think michael was performing as great as people made out on the second date of coming back to rehearsals clean off the problematic drug and energetic on the ephedrine. He was definitely effected greatly from something on the 23rd, hence so much footage we have and from the photos, we know it was quite a long rehearsal of him actually performing. June 24th tho.... I mean, I think I stated before, for thriller, I think he just tried out the spider, and did the dance section til threatened so he could try out riding the garage door. Again cause he's not wearing a headset or holding a mic unlike earth song (not sure about dangerous, its like a 0.5 second snippet i cant be bothered finding hahha). But point being, from what we know, he didnt perform that much on the 24th and when he was performing, he was really slow and looked really tired. So yeah, I really doubt it was live vocals for anything that night. I've seen fans speculate a lot about earth song over the years. Most noticeable being, the microphone cut off exactly when the what about us section starts. And dont get me started on the ones who say, this is it was live and the demo was fake and used tii even tho it leaked way before the movie even hit cinemas hahahaha. But yeah.... It does sound live rather than an edited vocal track or demo/different take. I just really doubt it was from that night personally

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
I doubt it was performed live at the time. Very strongly doubt. Like you said, can't know for sure but it seems more than likely. From what we know from the footage we have and just observing the extremely limited videos from the 24th they chose to include, I dont think michael was performing as great as people made out on the second date of coming back to rehearsals clean off the problematic drug and energetic on the ephedrine. He was definitely effected greatly from something on the 23rd, hence so much footage we have and from the photos, we know it was quite a long rehearsal of him actually performing. June 24th tho.... I mean, I think I stated before, for thriller, I think he just tried out the spider, and did the dance section til threatened so he could try out riding the garage door. Again cause he's not wearing a headset or holding a mic unlike earth song (not sure about dangerous, its like a 0.5 second snippet i cant be bothered finding hahha). But point being, from what we know, he didnt perform that much on the 24th and when he was performing, he was really slow and looked really tired. So yeah, I really doubt it was live vocals for anything that night. I've seen fans speculate a lot about earth song over the years. Most noticeable being, the microphone cut off exactly when the what about us section starts. And dont get me started on the ones who say, this is it was live and the demo was fake and used tii even tho it leaked way before the movie even hit cinemas hahahaha. But yeah.... It does sound live rather than an edited vocal track or demo/different take. I just really doubt it was from that night personally
Probably. The more I read and research the more I get the sense that full out vocals from Michael would either be almost non existent or very rare. To me the song that looks like he goes the most full out singing is Human Nature (just slightly out in comparison with other songs) and IJCSLY. I can't remeber any other songs where he sang full out, there were moments in WBSS and Smooth Criminal (which was dubbed heavily in the chorus and verses). I know Michael was a perfectionist, and that TII Michael at his best is not the Michael we all were expecting; and I don't know about you all, but I'd watch a longer TII which featured alternate rehearsals (if they exist) with the songs not shown, as they were left. Only using vocal dubs when completely necessary (like TDCAU or Earth Song), I'd watch Michael kinda run through the motions and perform the songs we didn't get to see. I'd love to see him to the OTW medley, or the full version of Man in The Mirror, even if hes just kinda going through the motions. I think if made like a two part documentary with all the songs rehearsed, about how great the show was but also about how Michael was deteriorating, I think it would be a sad, yet beautiful film. IDK that was kinda a brain spasm I just had lol. I feel like that it would be sad to see Michael probably doing a lot of walking back and forth and doing half assed versions of his famous choreographies tho so IDK lol. HAHA I just kinda spat all that out there, sorrey. What do y'all think.
Do you think a new/ more complete version of TII as like a documentary about the show that also captures Michael's tragic demise would be something worth watching? I feel like for fans it would be good to finally get our questions answered. However. I feel like media would critique it and say sum bullshit like "j*cko lost his dance moves" or sum dumb stuff like that, but ya, what do y'all think?- Sorry bout the rant, I just had this idea and felt the need to get it out, don't take it too seriously lol.

Probably. The more I read and research the more I get the sense that full out vocals from Michael would either be almost non existent or very rare. To me the song that looks like he goes the most full out singing is Human Nature (just slightly out in comparison with other songs) and IJCSLY. I can't remeber any other songs where he sang full out, there were moments in WBSS and Smooth Criminal (which was dubbed heavily in the chorus and verses). I know Michael was a perfectionist, and that TII Michael at his best is not the Michael we all were expecting; and I don't know about you all, but I'd watch a longer TII which featured alternate rehearsals (if they exist) with the songs not shown, as they were left. Only using vocal dubs when completely necessary (like TDCAU or Earth Song), I'd watch Michael kinda run through the motions and perform the songs we didn't get to see. I'd love to see him to the OTW medley, or the full version of Man in The Mirror, even if hes just kinda going through the motions. I think if made like a two part documentary with all the songs rehearsed, about how great the show was but also about how Michael was deteriorating, I think it would be a sad, yet beautiful film. IDK that was kinda a brain spasm I just had lol. I feel like that it would be sad to see Michael probably doing a lot of walking back and forth and doing half assed versions of his famous choreographies tho so IDK lol. HAHA I just kinda spat all that out there, sorrey. What do y'all think.
Do you think a new/ more complete version of TII as like a documentary about the show that also captures Michael's tragic demise would be something worth watching? I feel like for fans it would be good to finally get our questions answered. However. I feel like media would critique it and say sum bullshit like "j*cko lost his dance moves" or sum dumb stuff like that, but ya, what do y'all think?- Sorry bout the rant, I just had this idea and felt the need to get it out, don't take it too seriously lol.
You bring up a very difficult topic which OF COURSE I have spent hours thinking about bahahahahaha. Would it be worth watching to me??? fuck yeah!!!!!!!
Will it ever happen??? GOD NO
I believe the reason why nothing came out after the movie, especially with all the plans randy phillips had right after michael died like the album, is only cause the family and everyone who worked with michael that wasnt under aeg contract spoke openly about michael would never, even if he died before the show like he did, want his rehearsals or unfinished work out there in any way. So I think after they made their money back for the extreme loss money wise, they faced cause of michaels death, they decided to not do anything at all with this is it afterwards to avoid all the conflict.
Then theres the situation. Sony owns all the hundreds of hours of footage, correct. But Im pretty sure AEG and michaels estate has complete say in its use as well.
Aeg arent gonna release anything showing how badly michael was treated.
According to jamaine, at one rehearsal michael said "I wish people would be nice to me today" instantly got a response from the crew "I wish we had a coherent person today".
I mean, i know michael had problems with his drugs, making rehearsals insanely difficult for everyone but like...... to treat and talk to him like that, especially rather than getting him help...... that whole exchange really upsets me.
I dont think AEG will release a lot of things due to that and the fact randy was literally emailing to cut things just over michael looking too skinny in the red leather jacket. So yeah, I dont think theyd release any more than they have if that jacket day was enough to be cut

As for the things like he couldnt sing or dance anymore. From my knowledge, I actually dont think that was the media making shit up this time.
Because in a sense it was true so I actually think it was sourced. I just think it was a thing of, he hadnt lost the ability, he was just too fucked on drugs most days that he couldnt. But everyone, maybe even the media in this case, cause michael kept his drug use so hidden from the public, everyone just interrupted it as it could only mean that he had lost the ability. Literally, I was looking at the red jacket photos last night and in one photo, its so sad knowing the story behind michael at that time now. He was being held on his arm, maybe, holding him up for support and so he didnt fall and his facial expression was literally that exactly of ozzy osbourne. That says a lot

Yes in the 24 june day looks really tired and he rested a little before the 23 june rehearsal.

If michael not would dead on the 25 june, i think they would canceled a lot of shows until he recover his health.

Yes in the 24 june day looks really tired and he rested a little before the 23 june rehearsal.

If michael not would dead on the 25 june, i think they would canceled a lot of shows until he recover his health.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THEY WOULD NOT CANCEL ANYTHING.
The delay of starting the tour wasnt even for michaels health. AEG just didn't give a fuck about it. Their whole thing was "We are just gonna make him perform and do these shows no matter what and no matter what it takes"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THEY WOULD NOT CANCEL ANYTHING.
The delay of starting the tour wasnt even for michaels health. AEG just didn't give a fuck about it. Their whole thing was "We are just gonna make him perform and do these shows no matter what and no matter what it takes"
I know.

Justin Bieber work with AEG and he vomited during a concert and he had to continue the show.

I think if michael would have more money and a good manager the things could be better.

I know.

Justin Bieber work with AEG and he vomited during a concert and he had to continue the show.

I think if michael would have more money and a good manager the things could be better.
Oh that was the big problem with Michael. Conrad is so delusional and twists the truth so much cause he has to make it fit his narrative of how Michael died and it being completely out of his control but I believe one thing for sure..... randy saying to Conrad “Michael doesn’t have a fucking cent. I pay for this house. I pay for the toilet paper his kids wipe their asses with”. That’s how they controlled Michael because he was so in debt, AEG was his only bank account he had and they knew it.
I mean, I could be wrong but I think judging by his stance against Warner, prince would be the first to talk about a company’s shit but he seemed to act normal and gracious towards aeg, in fact he even joked in reference to randy specifically at one show I saw a snippet of.
I think it was literally AEG just used people. With a case like prince, it was all good. Literally all Production company’s use the artists, that’s literally the job. With prince, even if he did have his drug problems at that time, it didn’t affect the shows in a negative way so there was no problems that arose.
In a case like Michael, at that point in his life he was either always high or always drunk to where he’d show up at an alarming toxic level of sobriety which extremely affected the production and outcome of the show. On top of that, again, not justifying aeg and specifically randy for how they treated Michael but..... michaels problem was digging the production a grave while they were trying to make it climb to the peak of its life. Randy also knew that it was his money that was funding Michael to ruin the show and production. They’d put so much money into the show by the end and put so much money into michaels life and living expenses, to where it wasn’t an option for them to cancel the show. Hence a big motive for making the movie, they had to make millions upon millions lost when Michael died.
If Michael would have not performed, theyd have the same problem money wise and probably worse tbh. Because they further along they got, it’d still cost more and more.
On that note, personally, I think randy had a foot in the idea of the strategy of Michael using uppers to be able to perform and just support his addiction if that was the fasted, best way to keep the show and tour on track.
It was literally going back to like what you hear with actors like Dorothy In The wizard of oz.
To keep her awake for unmanageable work days, constantly energised, etc etc, theyd feed her uppers. She had an addiction to uppers and sleeping pills??? Well, all’s goods, just as long as she’s working and performing. If that’s what it takes then that’s completely fine.
Basically same thing happened with elvis. And I thought that situation is what stopped that practice because it put into reality what would eventually actually happen as a result. I guess AEG just didn’t receive that memo for 30 odd years cause that seems to be exactly what they were doing, supporting, knew what was going on, or all 3