• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

Random questions/ thoughts I have- mainly concerning playback and TII

Ya know, I'm unsure, I feel like he would have sang it live, but I'm not sure. I'm gonna say yes (skeptically) because he wanted to sing live in the show.
He always sang dirty diana live like wbbs, is curiously because are songs he never lypsinched.

he could be prerecorded vocals in songs like Wbbs or the J5 medley but he choice sang it live.

He always sang dirty diana live like wbbs, is curiously because are songs he never lypsinched.

he could be prerecorded vocals in songs like Wbbs or the J5 medley but he choice sang it live.
Michael refused to prerecord. Refused to use anything really different from the album. Yeah he always sung dirty Diana but that’s because it was only performed on one tour

Michael refused to prerecord. Refused to use anything really different from the album. Yeah he always sung dirty Diana but that’s because it was only performed on one tour
He prerecord Scream on the HTW and a part of WYB.

I think for him live vocals are live vocals and playback are playback, for this reason he never used autotune even in his worst vocal perfomances.

I think for him live vocals are live vocals and playback are playback, for this reason he never used autotune even in his worst vocal perfomances.
They were not. They were extremely similar takes from the multitrack. He used very similar takes in quite a few songs other than those two. They’re just the most noticeable.
he didn’t pre record anything for the tours tho

FMJP

HideOuter Senior

He didn't prerecord, he used alternate vocal tracks I believe. The verse in Scream on the HWT is from a demo version of the song before Janet recorded her verses.

They were not. They were extremely similar takes from the multitrack. He used very similar takes in quite a few songs other than those two. They’re just the most noticeable.
he didn’t pre record anything for the tours tho
Ummm and what do you mean of MTIM? In the DWT are another vocals, not the part of the album.

I guess he think could be rare put the ending of the album version.

Ummm and what do you mean of MTIM? In the DWT are another vocals, not the part of the album.

I guess he think could be rare put the ending of the album version.
The MITM track is again, an alternate but really similar take. That vocal track was leaked (im pretty sure from the multitracks) in 2016

The MITM track is again, an alternate but really similar take. That vocal track was leaked (im pretty sure from the multitracks) in 2016
I wonder if in TII he would be use the multitrack in MTIM or he will do like the Bad Tour version.

I would like a playback fail in this song in one of his shows xD

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
I wonder if in TII he would be use the multitrack in MTIM or he will do like the Bad Tour version.

I would like a playback fail in this song in one of his shows xD
My guess is that MITM would be playback until the normal point like on the Dangerous and Bad tour shows. His voice would be very worn out byt the end of those shows so it makes sense that he would not be singing live in TII.

In Munich 1992, he sang the first couple lines live.

My guess is that MITM would be playback until the normal point like on the Dangerous and Bad tour shows. His voice would be very worn out byt the end of those shows so it makes sense that he would not be singing live in TII.

In Munich 1992, he sang the first couple lines live.
In múnich he sangs the firts lines of MITM?

I think in TII he would sing the ending in MITM i don't know if like the Bad Tour or with the multitrack like the Dangerous Tour.

Would be interesting if he would sang like Bucarest or like the July shows (his vocals here are so close to the Bad Tour)

In múnich he sangs the firts lines of MITM?

I think in TII he would sing the ending in MITM i don't know if like the Bad Tour or with the multitrack like the Dangerous Tour.

Would be interesting if he would sang like Bucarest or like the July shows (his vocals here are so close to the Bad Tour)
Man in the mirror for this is it is one of the trickier ones to work out.
No doubt it would’ve been playback, he didn’t even do it live on bad tour.
what’s tricky tho is the vocal track that would be used.
I’ll add that This is completely uneducated as there’s 0 definite evidence.
judging by what we do have tho.....
I find it interesting that the fact since before the bad tour, Michael hadn’t sung the alternate album vocals in a performance ever where as, even tho in the movie it’s dubbed with the vocals straight from the album, he still definitely still is singing those album lines (“stand up and lift yourself”).
So I’ll just take that and assume they decided to go with that vocal track and I’ll assume it’d be a song like Michael prince talked about where he sings some parts live and some parts playback

Man in the mirror for this is it is one of the trickier ones to work out.
No doubt it would’ve been playback, he didn’t even do it live on bad tour.
what’s tricky tho is the vocal track that would be used.
I’ll add that This is completely uneducated as there’s 0 definite evidence.
judging by what we do have tho.....
I find it interesting that the fact since before the bad tour, Michael hadn’t sung the alternate album vocals in a performance ever where as, even tho in the movie it’s dubbed with the vocals straight from the album, he still definitely still is singing those album lines (“stand up and lift yourself”).
So I’ll just take that and assume they decided to go with that vocal track and I’ll assume it’d be a song like Michael prince talked about where he sings some parts live and some parts playback
Yes is curiously in the Bad Tour he not used the multitrack vocals and want to sang affter the spin, this is part is so hard to sing and you can see that because he not did a lot of dance moves like the Dangerous Tour.

And to me is he would use the multitrack in the Bad Tour i don't have any problem, the show is 95% live, save his voice in one song is a good idea, could curt the track in any moment.

Yes is curiously in the Bad Tour he not used the multitrack vocals and want to sang affter the spin, this is part is so hard to sing and you can see that because he not did a lot of dance moves like the Dangerous Tour.

And to me is he would use the multitrack in the Bad Tour i don't have any problem, the show is 95% live, save his voice in one song is a good idea, could curt the track in any moment.
Actually, in a us show (think it was a snippet but might've been audio) you can hear its the dangerous tour track they used but brought down the volume when it came to the extra mutlitack vocals. It was a us concert im sure.

The extra vocals on the track that are missing at 0:06 were there in one concert just the volume lowered.
So from that, I think he used the same vocal track on dangerous and bad.

Also, disclaimer: I cant remember what concert you could hear it on. I just used LA as the example of where the vocals were

Actually, in a us show (think it was a snippet but might've been audio) you can hear its the dangerous tour track they used but brought down the volume when it came to the extra mutlitack vocals. It was a us concert im sure.

The extra vocals on the track that are missing at 0:06 were there in one concert just the volume lowered.
So from that, I think he used the same vocal track on dangerous and bad.

Also, disclaimer: I cant remember what concert you could hear it on. I just used LA as the example of where the vocals were
I don't know if this was a multitrack, but in the Bad Tour he did'nt use the vocals of the multitrack, because he sang live on the second half of the song

He stars to sang since this partnin all the Bad Tour era, for this reason i say he did'nt use the multitrack vocals in this tour.
But.... why???
The multitrack audio is the audio used for the album versions.
Whether he used the Dangerous tour version vocals or not, if he's lip syncing he's lip syncing the vocals come from the multitrack.
The only way he could lip sync without multitrack vocals is if he pre/re-recorded the vocals for the tour which he didnt do till this is it and he didnt even complete a whole song before he said "no, I just wanna stick to the original vocals"

I don't know why, but on 23 June when Michael rehearsals he dances like he are saving his energy, in songs like Human Nature, TDCAU or WBBS he looks more energic.

I don't know why, but on 23 June when Michael rehearsals he dances like he are saving his energy, in songs like Human Nature, TDCAU or WBBS he looks more energic.
That had nothing to do with what we were talking about but i'll entertain it cause I love this is it if you havent been able to tell since november.
By june 23rd, because of the propofol he had technically been awake for 63 straight nights. The only thing that gave him any energy at all was the ephedrine but as you can imagine, even the most strongest stimulant cant give you that much energy when you havent really slept for so long.
Im genuinely amazed he had the energy he did.
You can tell it was the drugs that gave him the energy cause if you look at black or white (seems to be performed at the end of the night) and earth song and thriller the next day (again performed at the end of the night), it completely makes the most sense that the effects of the stimulants had worn off and that was his true energy level.

Edit: sorry, Im assuming you meant the 24th. HN, TDCAU and WBSS are all at the start of the rehearsal on the 23rd (he started around 2 pm if i remember correctly). Im not deleting the above cause its still completely relevant. Those were at the start of the rehearsal when his stimulant meds were at peak effect. Come later in the night when they'd worn off like black or white and on the 24th with thriller and earth song, I doubt that was actually michael saving energy. Im basically completely convinced that was purely the effects of having no real sleep for 64 nights straight. I mean, it literally turned him and would turn anyone insane, give paranoia, psychosis, delusions, extreme lack of coordination and movement. All that lines up pretty well. Plus we know michael did suffer extremely from the paranoia, psychosis, delusions, basically all the mental parts so its extremely likely hed be suffering from the movement and energy stuff too

That had nothing to do with what we were talking about but i'll entertain it cause I love this is it if you havent been able to tell since november.
By june 23rd, because of the propofol he had technically been awake for 63 straight nights. The only thing that gave him any energy at all was the ephedrine but as you can imagine, even the most strongest stimulant cant give you that much energy when you havent really slept for so long.
Im genuinely amazed he had the energy he did.
You can tell it was the drugs that gave him the energy cause if you look at black or white (seems to be performed at the end of the night) and earth song and thriller the next day (again performed at the end of the night), it completely makes the most sense that the effects of the stimulants had worn off and that was his true energy level.

Edit: sorry, Im assuming you meant the 24th. HN, TDCAU and WBSS are all at the start of the rehearsal on the 23rd (he started around 2 pm if i remember correctly). Im not deleting the above cause its still completely relevant. Those were at the start of the rehearsal when his stimulant meds were at peak effect. Come later in the night when they'd worn off like black or white and on the 24th with thriller and earth song, I doubt that was actually michael saving energy. Im basically completely convinced that was purely the effects of having no real sleep for 64 nights straight. I mean, it literally turned him and would turn anyone insane, give paranoia, psychosis, delusions, extreme lack of coordination and movement. All that lines up pretty well. Plus we know michael did suffer extremely from the paranoia, psychosis, delusions, basically all the mental parts so its extremely likely hed be suffering from the movement and energy stuff too
I forgive it, i'm talking about Jam in my other post 😅