• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

Playback en el HIStory Tour.

Del minuto 5:09 hasta al 5:23 Michael hace un live vocals que sinceramente es pésimo, ¿alguien sabe si tenía algún problema con su garganta?
Por cierto, si miran el vídeo de los minutos que he dado, Britney Spears lo miró con una cara de como si él no supiera cantar (no puede ser más hipócrita, ya que ella es la artista que más veces usó playback)
I did not understand anything.

Se refiere a este ensayo:
Lástima que esté en muy mala calidad de audio porque se nota que canta Jam con muchas ganas.
Another detail, in rehearsals for the 1st show of the HIStory tour in Prague, Michael tried to sing Stranger In Moscow live, but it was very bad, maybe for this reason, he cut it at the last minute and put the playback on.

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
Another detail, in rehearsals for the 1st show of the HIStory tour in Prague, Michael tried to sing Stranger In Moscow live, but it was very bad, maybe for this reason, he cut it at the last minute and put the playback on.
So bad it would sound live as to forget the possibility!?
I thought it was due to the final decision of using playback for the most of the setlist.

In the Praga rehearsal he sounds pretty good to me.

Do you know the reason for the decision of the playback on all the songs?
So bad it would sound live as to forget the possibility!?
I thought it was due to the final decision of using playback for the most of the setlist.
Desde mi punto de vista después del concierto en Brunei el no quizo saber mas de sus directos y decidió no cantar en esa gira.

Puede que me equivoque, pero vamos Billie Jean y Beat It fueron en directo hasta Brunei, eso no te dice algo?

Aunque capaz y haciendo el tour en condiciones normales (sin el 95% de playback pues) ya tenia pensadas hacerlas en playback por la edad y tal.

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero

1:39 Notice the difficulty for him to sing the final verses of the song live.
Uhmmm, It is heard awkardly- both the quality of sound at technic level and physical- but in mi opinion, the little part of the song that can be heard- though with great effort I don't think is so bad, other issue of course, would be the fact that he'd finally decide leave it alone for the extra effort he felt he would have to do had he sung it live.

Si michael no era capaz de cantar y bailar al mismo tiempo en la era History, porque no se planteo intercalar entre playback y directo en canciones como BJ, Beat It, You Are Not Alone y SIM?

Vamos lo mismo que hace con You Rock My World en el 30 aniversario.

Con la única que hizo algo fue Billie Jean que hace los gritos justo antes de hacer el moonwalk y en brunei hace un poquito mas, que se nota que fue improvisado pero bueno xD

3:23

Reason of playback given to Michael prince from Michael himself was he wanted to sound as much like the record as possible otherwise he felt the audience was being sonically cheated. Which adds up considering the band on history sounds extremely like the album and he even went as far as to use his own bgv.
So I personally don’t think that’s why they decided to make stranger playback.
judging from red shirt dwt rehearsals, it was probably the same thing.
it was already set to be playback but he wanted to hear something, or say notes throughout or something like that

pussycontrol

HideOuter Gayhetero
Reason of playback given to Michael prince from Michael himself was he wanted to sound as much like the record as possible otherwise he felt the audience was being sonically cheated.
Curiosa forma de pensar teniendo en cuenta que no pocos se sintieron engañados por el lip-synch precisamente. :rolleyes:

pd: ¡qué raro ver por aquí -en este post- a dragón1996 la verdad, :oops:xp!

Reason of playback given to Michael prince from Michael himself was he wanted to sound as much like the record as possible otherwise he felt the audience was being sonically cheated. Which adds up considering the band on history sounds extremely like the album and he even went as far as to use his own bgv.
So I personally don’t think that’s why they decided to make stranger playback.
judging from red shirt dwt rehearsals, it was probably the same thing.
it was already set to be playback but he wanted to hear something, or say notes throughout or something like that
I think he do playback in History, for care himself after his breakdown in 1995 in the HBO Rehearsals and because he wasn't able to sang and dance at the same time.

You can see, he was very very tired and this wan only "prove concert", not even was giving a tour where his vocals lost strength with every show.

4:20
Curiosa forma de pensar teniendo en cuenta que no pocos se sintieron engañados por el lip-synch precisamente. :rolleyes:

pd: ¡qué raro ver por aquí -en este post- a dragón1996 la verdad, :oops:xp!
Precisamente estaba pensando sobre este tema y se me ocurrió venir a pasar el rato xD

I think he do playback in History, for care himself after his breakdown in 1995 in the HBO Rehearsals and because he wasn't able to sang and dance at the same time.

You can see, he was very very tired and this wan only "prove concert", not even was giving a tour where his vocals lost strength with every show.

4:20
Precisamente estaba pensando sobre este tema y se me ocurrió venir a pasar el rato xD
But that’s the issue with this whole side of the argument. He was basically always capable of singing most songs while dancing. Especially for someone with lupus that did have a noticeable effect on his lungs.
Up until literally this is it, he was still capable of it, especially considering he was toying with the idea of singing more than he had been.
This is it was when his lungs were the most fucked too so it says a lot.
You just need to watch 30th to know he hadn’t lost his ability to sing and dance together

But that’s the issue with this whole side of the argument. He was basically always capable of singing most songs while dancing. Especially for someone with lupus that did have a noticeable effect on his lungs.
Up until literally this is it, he was still capable of it, especially considering he was toying with the idea of singing more than he had been.
This is it was when his lungs were the most fucked too so it says a lot.
You just need to watch 30th to know he hadn’t lost his ability to sing and dance together
Of TII i can't talk to much, because i don't saw a real rehearsal, without heavy edition and only the best vocals and best moments.

In 30 aniverssary he only sangs the J5 Medley and the firts verse of the way you make me feel (slow a ralentized)

But songs like Billie Jean with playback, you can hear him clearly out of breath, on Beat It he sounds a bit tired on the live part.

I would like hear him sang more live on the firts show, althought he was high, some people says that show was better than the second show, vocal talking sounds better and not tired like the second show, where he dance a lot and maybe this is the reason due he was out of breath, thing that not happen in the History Tour, where he dance a lot, but when he starts to sang live he is not are out of breath.

Of TII i can't talk to much, because i don't saw a real rehearsal, without heavy edition and only the best vocals and best moments.

In 30 aniverssary he only sangs the J5 Medley and the firts verse of the way you make me feel (slow a ralentized)

But songs like Billie Jean with playback, you can hear him clearly out of breath, on Beat It he sounds a bit tired on the live part.

I would like hear him sang more live on the firts show, althought he was high, some people says that show was better than the second show, vocal talking sounds better and not tired like the second show, where he dance a lot and maybe this is the reason due he was out of breath, thing that not happen in the History Tour, where he dance a lot, but when he starts to sang live he is not are out of breath.
With this is it, I’m talking about just the fact of singing a lot of the show live again means there’s a decent chance he could manage it.

overall, my main point is just cause Michael struggled on history doesn’t mean that was the reason for playback.
It might’ve actually been a result of using playback for most of the show that when he did sing he was out of breath cause he’d gotten used to not.
Although I do have to say, besides the later 1997 shows and shows like Munich and Seoul where he was sick, I don’t really hear him that out of breath to where it would affect him vocally doing the tour like the dangerous ratio.
And you have to look at it like this, dangerous onwards was when he started using playback.
from the rehearsals we know he could sing and dance there. That with the knowledge of what Michael prince said, it really points to that being the real reason for playback.
Also note with history, the keys of songs were higher than that of dwt which could be another reason why he was tiring more easily

With this is it, I’m talking about just the fact of singing a lot of the show live again means there’s a decent chance he could manage it.

overall, my main point is just cause Michael struggled on history doesn’t mean that was the reason for playback.
It might’ve actually been a result of using playback for most of the show that when he did sing he was out of breath cause he’d gotten used to not.
Although I do have to say, besides the later 1997 shows and shows like Munich and Seoul where he was sick, I don’t really hear him that out of breath to where it would affect him vocally doing the tour like the dangerous ratio.
And you have to look at it like this, dangerous onwards was when he started using playback.
from the rehearsals we know he could sing and dance there. That with the knowledge of what Michael prince said, it really points to that being the real reason for playback.
Also note with history, the keys of songs were higher than that of dwt which could be another reason why he was tiring more easily
In Dangerous he used playback yes, but was only on the half of the show, in History all the show is playback.

For this reason i think he not want to sang live in History, due he was not happy with his live vocals.

When Michael disgusting his live voice, he put playback in that song, like Bad, SC, Man In The Mirror and The Way You Make Me Feel in the Bad Tour

Se ha hablado tanto del tema playback porque cuesta entender esta decisiòn de Michael, yo creo que estaba inseguro con su voz y por eso decide lo del History playback tour. Una pena que no se haya permitido màs fallos, por su excesivo perfeccionismo , y nos haya dado màs directos, sobre todo en las baladas. "You are not alone" en total directo hubiese sido genial , aùn con fallos o no llegando a todos los tonos pero Michael no se permitia fallar nunca.

Se ha hablado tanto del tema playback porque cuesta entender esta decisiòn de Michael

Por primera y unica vez estoy de acuerdo!!

No se porque muchos fans que nisiquiera habian nacido en el history tour se creen con el derecho de criticar, e imponer que hubiera o no hecho Michael en sú gira!
NADIE con más de 37 años se pone a bailar y cantar 2 horas seguidas sin ahogarse
A veces siento que a Michael se le exigió, y se le sigue exigiendo más de lo que podía hacer!, y eso que son los "fans" los que siguen y siguen con lo mismo🙄