• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

Random questions/ thoughts I have- mainly concerning playback and TII

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
You seem to have misunderstood what I was saying about beat it on the 23rd. I think the second verse was cut completely. Not as much as the movie did obviously (much like the difference from how twymmf was cut for the rehearsals compared to the movie. Like it was cut up a lot more in the movie).
Dirty Diana would've probably been a process of like DWT where some rehearsals were live and some were playback. If we only heard one and it was live, it wouldn't confirm it.
Also, no rehearsals of this is it, if they were to come out would give us an idea of the playback status cause michael was gonna talk about what he wanted to do on june 25th. Before then it would've probably been between dangerous and HIStory level of playback, more towards HIStory.
As for WYBT, I completely forgot about that beginning part. Like damn.
It was probably just a quick run-through of the song hence why only a few words came out, very quiet too. So not really probably even a performance rehearsal.

Clothes dates:
This is something I have studied intensively in 2018. Don't have exact dates for a couple but still got to pinpoint around the area. Im also adding one because I remember it took me so long and so much effort to figure out but I knew I could because after the circle speech micheal gives, kenny says "have a beautiful sunday" which would mean it was Saturday night

shoulderpads jacket w/ mission lion shirt (Between june 10th and 12th)
blue shirt day (June 13th)
gold sparkly pants/ HWT jacket day (around june 14th to 18th)
orange pants/ silver jacket day (around june 14th to 18th)
grey suit/ red shirt day (23rd)
bomber jacket w/ white shirt/ curls for my girls/ sweatpants (24th)
Those look like his last rehearsals
Ohhh, yup I totally misunderstood your quote. Hmm, interesting about the second verse being cut all together. If the second verse was cut, would the chorus be longer then? Also I feel I should thank you for all this info lol!

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
In the early rehearsals jam didnt are precorded the backing vocals.

Curiously in the final rehearsals have the backing vocals precorded but michael still sangs Jam.
I think he decided to use playback last minute on Jam, based on the rehearsals for the opening in Munich 92 (where he sings live) he sounds good but there are moments where he sounds very out of breath, so I think Michael decided to go with playback so he didn't use all his energy borderline rapping while dancing.

Ohhh, yup I totally misunderstood your quote. Hmm, interesting about the second verse being cut all together. If the second verse was cut, would the chorus be longer then? Also I feel I should thank you for all this info lol!
I have no idea. Probably but maybe not. If my obsessional theory is correct than it would mean he did the first verse and chorus on the cherry pickier then in the tiny interlude kinda thing before the solo he takes the trench coat off. I don’t see him actually dancing with the coat. I think it’d be like the movie up until the guitar solo then basically that onwards would be like what we hear in the band rehearsal

I saw!! MITM/ Smooth Criminal/ TWYMMF in HD with live vocals, so cool. I feel they may be expensive but obviously the seller know those tapes have value, so makes sense they're being sold at a high price.
Not in HD. They’re just the soundboard recordings. Unless you meant it like HD audio ??? I just thought I’d say just in case so you don’t get disappointed haha. Also, man in the mirror doesn’t appear to be any different than normal but I do hear live vocals bleed through at some points. My deal is HOW CLEAR THAT RECORDING IS. Especially compared to wembleys multi tracks and even LA. It’s like sometime before Wembley they changed the way they recorded the audio and for the worst.

I think he decided to use playback last minute on Jam, based on the rehearsals for the opening in Munich 92 (where he sings live) he sounds good but there are moments where he sounds very out of breath, so I think Michael decided to go with playback so he didn't use all his energy borderline rapping while dancing.
Yep and in Oslo he dont want to sang Jam 🤣

I saw!! MITM/ Smooth Criminal/ TWYMMF in HD with live vocals, so cool. I feel they may be expensive but obviously the seller know those tapes have value, so makes sense they're being sold at a high price.
He really sangs MITM live? So only he will sing it in the firts show in Kansas 😐

It’s probably just issues they faced at the start. The us leg seems to constantly have issues regarding playback but remember this is the first time he ever used it so i guess that could explain it
In NY MITM dont have problems with playback, only sangs before of the habitual.

In indiaponolis the Mic was on i think he want sing to dont dissapoint his fans.

In NY is curioulsy in TWYMMF in a part of the song sounds the playback in a moment, when this was fully live in all the USA Leg.

FMJP

HideOuter Senior

In indiaponolis the Mic was on i think he want sing to dont dissapoint his fans.

In NY is curioulsy in TWYMMF in a part of the song sounds the playback in a moment, when this was fully live in all the USA Leg.
I don't think it was more him not wanting to dissapoint his fans as it was more an error on the tech people who had control of his microphone volume. But ya I know what you're talking about in NY.

The TWYMMF performace is an example to what I'm talking about. They just seemed to keep making playback errors in the US leg.
Just because a song went well one night, doesnt mean it wouldn't mess up the other night
I don't think it was more him not wanting to dissapoint his fans as it was more an error on the tech people who had control of his microphone volume. But ya I know what you're talking about in NY.
Exactly what Im saying. I think this whole playback thing in this short leg was solely just errors on his crews part

Yep, is curioulsy how in all MITM of BTW dont have problems with the micro and when the playback is cut.

However in the DWT are a lot of fails in MTIM perfomances, the mic never is on and even in Tokyo and Bucarest perfomances (the perfect shows) are problems with the transition of playback to live vocals.
The TWYMMF performace is an example to what I'm talking about. They just seemed to keep making playback errors in the US leg.
Just because a song went well one night, doesnt mean it wouldn't mess up the other night

Exactly what Im saying. I think this whole playback thing in this short leg was solely just errors on his crews part
ummm i think he dont are care of do playback in that song, maybe in Bad or SC, the tour was so long the playback was necesary to do the entire tour.

Black or White was entirely live, at least it was rehearsed live on June 23rd. They autotuned his vocals a couple times in post production, but its live overall.
Thanks, is curiously because they curted the second verse like the 30 anniversary TV Edition.

Do you know if dirty diana would be live on the shows?

I think he will sang fully live this song, but i would like see your opinion.

FMJP

HideOuter Senior
Thanks, is curiously because they curted the second verse like the 30 anniversary TV Edition.

Do you know if dirty diana would be live on the shows?

I think he will sang fully live this song, but i would like see your opinion.
Ya know, I'm unsure, I feel like he would have sang it live, but I'm not sure. I'm gonna say yes (skeptically) because he wanted to sing live in the show.